IGNORED

You know what pushes my buttons (rant)

PressureCooker2600

Sellers shouldn't lie. OSG always diassembles and cleans EVERYTHING we sell.

As a result we sell very little. :cool: There is no way 10 minutes cleaning and testing, plus 4 minutes of picture taking, for a $3 dollar title makes any sense to anyone who values their time.

Realistically, for a store, an extra 15 minutes of effort into every Atari title would realistically add about $3-4 to the cost of each title, before whatever cost of actually buying it, and auction fees, PP fees and more are added in.

So in sum, there is no business case for selling cleaned common Atari titles. The rare ones, a different story indeed.

Buying from another collector on a forum like this though, and the passion makes up for the time.

Sellers should be honest. I wanted to add my 0.02 cents of truth to this. :D

"I've gotten a few games and movies on burned discs for instance"

That's Balls right there. It may be ok if a prototype was produced on CD-R media (debug consoles play them), but it is NOT ok to sell bunred disc items as the real thing if they are not. That's where you straight up report them for the nefarious act. Not that I am opposed to obtaining burned media, as sometimes ya gotta take what you can get. But in the case of an auction... that is questionable at best, especially if that fact isn't listed.

That's why I'm never afraid to ask the seller a question. If the description of the item is ambiguous on purpose I always figure it's a copy and not the real thing, and if they don't answer my inquiry I assume it IS and don't purchase it. I'll give the sellers who admit it's a copy credit for their honesty but in those cases I just politely decline and say thanks all the same I was looking for the retail copy.