IGNORED

TG16/MagicEngine

madhatter667

Hey guys,

I don't know how old/new this emulator program is, but it is called MagicEngine, and going by the title of the thread, is a TG16 emulation program. I haven't messed with it a lot, but I have played with it a little, and it is very nice. Simple, easy to use front end, and can be launched from the desktop. All in all, good fun for an obscure system (I own one, and have a few games...and have a hard time finding more).

Anyone else use this program? Suggestions on how to set everything up/streamline the system?

Also, I am totally thinking about picking up a USB game pad. This would be a great addition I think to playing emulators on the PC. Does anyone have a suggestion for this one? I also run MAME, so having an analog stick would be convenient as well. I was thinking about just going to a random store, like best buy, or Wally World (as much as I hate the place) and seeing what they have, but I want to see what others might recommend.

• 1 month later...

Well, I know you can't really go wrong with a decent PSX->USB adapter and a PS1 or PS2 controller. For some, I've heard they use the Xbox360 pad for Windows, and I've also heard good things about the latest batch of gamepads from Logitech (can switch analog and rumble on/off, and they feel comfortable too). Just remember, if you plan on having some friends over for a Bomberman party.. make sure you can use five pads at once (as the TG-16/PC Engine supported five players with a multi-tap, and you can use five gamepads on the computer to emulate the setup).

Well, I know you can't really go wrong with a decent PSX->USB adapter and a PS1 or PS2 controller. For some, I've heard they use the Xbox360 pad for Windows, and I've also heard good things about the latest batch of gamepads from Logitech (can switch analog and rumble on/off, and they feel comfortable too). Just remember, if you plan on having some friends over for a Bomberman party.. make sure you can use five pads at once (as the TG-16/PC Engine supported five players with a multi-tap, and you can use five gamepads on the computer to emulate the setup).

Yep. The PSX to USB conveter, Radioshack has them. They work perfectly for all sorts of emulation..