IGNORED

Disaster!

Pengwin

Hi, I've been lurking around this forum for some time now, just watching what's happening in the world of the Atari 8-bit. I finally decided to do some programming on the Atari, not done any since about 1988, so I dug out my trusty 800XL and 1050 DD. Plugged it all in turned it on and....

nothing

The power light came on on the Atari, but there was no signal to be found on the TV screen and the DD failed to start reading the DOS disk I had inserted.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem??

I remembered that the Oric, Spectrum and Atari all used a similar frequency on the TV, so I made sure I could tune it in to both of them, but still no luck with the 800XL.

Last time I started it up was about 2 years ago and I had no problems then, however, I have moved house and I'm wondering if this sort of thing can occur in transit and whether it is easily fixable.

Thanks for reading this and for any responses.

Mark

Pengwin,

I can sympathize. I had a similar experience when I dusted off and plugged in my Atari 8-bit equipment a few months ago. Is the DD set to D1:? Have you tried a different SIO cable? Also, have you tried the channel 2/3 switch on the 800XL in both positions and tried adjusting the TV tuning for each?

Hi, I've been lurking around this forum for some time now, just watching what's happening in the world of the Atari 8-bit. I finally decided to do some programming on the Atari, not done any since about 1988, so I dug out my trusty 800XL and 1050 DD. Plugged it all in turned it on and....

nothing

The power light came on on the Atari, but there was no signal to be found on the TV screen and the DD failed to start reading the DOS disk I had inserted.

I know this is a long shot, but does anyone have any ideas as to what could be the problem??

I remembered that the Oric, Spectrum and Atari all used a similar frequency on the TV, so I made sure I could tune it in to both of them, but still no luck with the 800XL.

Last time I started it up was about 2 years ago and I had no problems then, however, I have moved house and I'm wondering if this sort of thing can occur in transit and whether it is easily fixable.

Thanks for reading this and for any responses.

Mark