IGNORED

Great Exploitations - Supercharger prototype!

RSS Bot

blog-5792-1161119648_thumb.jpg

Do any of the Supercharger-using blog readers here want one of these (for free)?

What's happening is I am planning on releasing the 4k version of my SC game on cassette, so expect a formal release date in a couple of months. I also plan to release on CD. This will be a limited release, as the minigame version, while fully playable, is missing some features of the 6k version that I hope to finish someday.

But for now, I would like to give a few prototype cassettes out to SC owners here. All I ask in return is feedback, letting me know how well the cassette worked for you. Before you ask for a cassette, make sure you have the proper equipment - i.e. a Supercharger or original Cuttle Cart, plus a cassette recorder capable of playing regular Starpath cassettes.

I found cassette labels at the last of four office supply stores I tried, and they only came in a pack of 300, but ironically, the same store had exactly two cassette tapes on their shelves, and they weren't cheap. I'll shop around for some high-quality, inexpensive cassettes, but in the meantime I might rerecord a used cassette for some of the prototypes. Of course, the formal release of the game will only use new cassettes.

I have verified the cassettes as best as I could, as I don't own a Supercharger. I made a wav file using makewav, recorded to cassette, then played the cassette back and captured the audio as another wav file, then used makebin to convert back to a binary. If the binary then worked, I assumed it would also work in a real Supercharger. To be sure, I recorded 20 consecutive copies of the wav file onto the cassette, so if one doesn't work, subsequent ones might.

So... to date, have there been any other SC homebrews released on cassette, or just CD, or not even that, other than the Stella Gets a Brain CD?

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2203