IGNORED

AEO?

I just tried to retrieve the Atari Explorer Online pages out of the Internet Archive Wayback Machine, but it looks like those pages are missing for whatever reason. I remember someone archived a version of the site somewhere, but I'm not sure where at the moment. I remember seeing a link to it on Jaguar Interactive II, but the messages scroll off very quickly there (only after a few days), so that info is long gone. Perhaps someone else knows where it is?

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Mario's Other Brother:

Nice! Looks like the electronic edition is almost complete. Does anybody have a list of Atari Explorer print issues? Have quite a few, but they published rather erratically at times and have no idea what is missing.

Erratic is right...I think they were supposed to be a quarterly magazine anyway, but I remember times that it was even less than that...I have a few issues that "seem" scattered, but for all I know they might be in the order they were published; I just bought a copy everytime I saw one in local bookstore...they used to be more regualar WAAAY back. I think it started out as "Atari Age" and eventually was changed to "Atari Explorer" at some point, it was put out by Atari themselves I believe, which would totally explain it's erratic nature as the same was true about anything the Tramiel' Atari did...

quote:

Originally posted by Mario's Other Brother:

Nice! Looks like the electronic edition is almost complete.

Yeah, it's almost complete. It's only missing AEO News Bulletins #2, 3, 5, and AEO Volume 1, Issue 12. I did find a copy of AEO 1.12 and email a copy to JEO last February, but it was never put up. I can email a copy of AEO 1.12 if anyone wants it.

I'll take one! :-) I'm grabbing the ones from the JEO site now -- very cool. I used to read them religiously back in the day, particularily when Atari announced the development of the Jaguar. From that point I followed (and even cross-posted) press releases and articles to local BBSes. Aside from talking directly to some of the developers of the day (Andrew Whittaker/Perceptions, the crew at 4play, John Valenti/JV Enterprises, etc.) it was my main source of Atari news.