IGNORED

..is the video game collector magazine dead?

The newest issue came out in late july with Bonk on the cover. The next issue will be out before Christmas since I was going over some prices with it this week with the publisher. You can find it for sale on my site. www.tradengames.com and I think also right on Atari Age and also many blockbuster stores now .

Jason

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll admit it's far from perfect, but I like the idea of vgc. There's not a whole lot of choices out there for classic gaming reviews and info, and besides the video game bible and the digital press price guides, there's really no published and updated price guides. The price guide may be lacking in on particular systems, but other systems are getting decent. You have to remember that vgc is pretty much run by a handful of people in there spare time. If you look through the mag, they have very little advrtising, and I doubt the circulation numbers are all that huge. Taking this into consideration, and how much it costs to produce a print publication nowadays, I think the mag looks good. It's full color, glossy pages, etc. I'm sure if they could get better cirulation and sell through, they could hire on more people, increase advertisement, and better the price guide.