IGNORED

ADVENTURE 2

rjchamp3

I don't don't think the 7800 could handle an Adventure III.

Allan

That sounds like throwing the gauntlet down. :) I'm sure the 7800 could do a kick ass Adventure III!

..Al

The only crappy thing about the 7800 is the sound. Since Adventure doesn't have much sound anyway, I think the 7800 would be fine. Improved graphics, larger world, same 2600 soounds.

Yes, Hmmm let's see...

Adventure - 2600

Adventure II - 5200 / 8 bit

Adventure III - 7800

Adventure IV - Lynx

Adventure V - Jaguar / PC

I like the look of that! Seems like the Ultima series! LOL

You want a PC version, try "Indenture"

http://www.dosgamesonline.com/index/game/360/Indenture.html

I think Adventure 0 for the RCA Studio II would be pretty sweet. You could also squeeze in Adventure 1/2 for the Microvision (still waiting on a homebrew scene for that one).

The ultimate would be Adventure -1 for the Magnavox Odyssey which would utilize carts #1, 3, and 9 (let's get some use out of that rifle) and brand new overlays.

How's that for throwing down a gauntlet?

Adventure could be done on the O2 very well and it wouldn't be all the hard aside for the fact the dragon couldn't be yellow. :lol:

Who has an RCA Studio II anyway?

I think the O2 could add some dimension with the keyboard. I have never played quest for the rings, but it's an adv type game.

I'd vote NO on a CV version. Would probably have hardware issues.

Edited by Zonie

/me raises hand... :D You're not being a system snob, are you?!?! ;)

I've still never heard back from Albert. Does anyone know if I can still sign up for this? If so, please advise ASAP how to go about it... THANKS!!!

--Timster--

Well, if you really want to talk about Adventure updates, let's not forget... :D

... and I have to add that it is the coolest version to play around with. As a matter of fact, I think I need to load it up and explore again! :)

Gregory did an *excellent* job with this!

Edited by PacManPlus

/me raises hand... :D You're not being a system snob, are you?!?! ;)

I've still never heard back from Albert. Does anyone know if I can still sign up for this? If so, please advise ASAP how to go about it... THANKS!!!

--Timster--

No. I was being serious. I've never seen an RCA. I don't think there are enough out there to justify a homebrew for it.

Just wanted to give everyone a brief update on Adventure II production as we head into the weekend. I have been slogging away at a rather frightful to do list, checking off items one at a time. There's a great deal of work involved given the volume of orders (over 100), and in addition to building Adventure II carts, there are a few hundred other items included with these orders overall. I have also been working on the extra goodies that will be included with the game, and some of these items have now arrived. :) Wish I could share with everyone what they are, but I want it to be a surprise!

I have taken the game out of the store to put an end to the Adventure II orders until I have shipped every last one of them. I will be able to make great headway on Adventure II over the weekend and throughout the upcoming week. I'll post another update sometime next week (and maybe some pictures then--I know I promised some before, but they weren't very interesting by themselves.. And some of them are of the special items mentioned above which I won't post at this time.)

..Al

I haven't been this excited about something being released new since high school when Grace Under Pressure came out (by Rush for those who don't know)

OT, but you know that Rush is touring this summer, right? And a new album as well. Can't wait for that. It will be a race to see what comes first: Adventure II, or the new Rush album (released in early May I think).

www.rush.com

I haven't been this excited about something being released new since high school when Grace Under Pressure came out (by Rush for those who don't know)

OT, but you know that Rush is touring this summer, right? And a new album as well. Can't wait for that. It will be a race to see what comes first: Adventure II, or the new Rush album (released in early May I think).

www.rush.com

We've got a thread already going for anyone who wants to talk more about Rush's new album and their tour.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103623

I can't wait for all three (the album, the tour and oh yeah, my copy of Adventure II.)

Just wanted to give everyone a brief update on Adventure II production as we head into the weekend. I have been slogging away at a rather frightful to do list, checking off items one at a time. There's a great deal of work involved given the volume of orders (over 100), and in addition to building Adventure II carts, there are a few hundred other items included with these orders overall. I have also been working on the extra goodies that will be included with the game, and some of these items have now arrived. :) Wish I could share with everyone what they are, but I want it to be a surprise!

Great to hear! It's kind of exciting to KNOW it's coming, just not when.

Just finished soldering all the non-5200 games that were ordered along with copies of Adventure II. Here's a picture:

post-3-1176409558_thumb.jpg

That's one more thing I can check off my list. :)

..Al

Ahh, that reminds me of autumn, when I like to rake up a big pile of EPROMS and take a running jump into them. Yes sir... the cold, crisp air... mulled apple cider... and EPROMS. It's all part of a marvelous tapestry.

Ahh, that reminds me of autumn, when I like to rake up a big pile of EPROMS and take a running jump into them. Yes sir... the cold, crisp air... mulled apple cider... and EPROMS. It's all part of a marvelous tapestry.

I hope you're wearing body armor when doing that. :)

..Al