IGNORED

WTT: My loaded A4000 for your Atari TT030 or Falcon

gdanko

Yes, I am also an Amiga head :) I guess I just have a passion for the time when computing was fun.... Anyway, something made me miss the old ST I had as a kid.. so now I am looking to get my hands on some. I have most every Amiga model made with some duplicates. I also have a couple 520STs and a 1040ST coming but I'd like something with a little oomph to it. So if anyone has a clean TT030 or Falcon lying around I would be interested in trading a clean non-yellowed A4000 with CPU/ram card, SVGA card, and NIC.. maybe some other goodies. :) I know this may not be the place to look but I don't see as many Atari hangouts as I do Amiga hangouts!

Email me: gdanko AT gmail DOT com if you have something to swap me :)

A Falcon 030 is worth more than a A4000, but close enough for a trade I guess. I have two Falcon030's and four A4000's ;)

Not with the way I will load up this 4000. :)

Accelrator + 64m fast

Cyberstorm 643D

NIC

Other goodies :)

I have seen systems like ths go for ~600+

A Falcon 030 is worth more than a A4000, but close enough for a trade I guess. I have two Falcon030's and four A4000's ;)

Not with the way I will load up this 4000. :)

Accelrator + 64m fast

Cyberstorm 643D

NIC

Other goodies :)

I have seen systems like ths go for ~600+

Oh yeah and a 20G hard disk formatted was SFS and OS 3.9

I think it's a heck of a system.... but I have two 4000s and a 4000T so I don't need both 4000s.

I like MagiC/ Jinnee over MiNT/ XaAES/ TeraDesk.

But one can also use MiNT with Jinnee which might make it better concerning look and feel.

Is there a TOS clone that offeres pre-emptive multitasking and memory protection? I nos AmigaOS offers the former but not the latter so you can still crash from time to time.

But one can also use MiNT with Jinnee which might make it better concerning look and feel.

Is there a TOS clone that offeres pre-emptive multitasking and memory protection? I nos AmigaOS offers the former but not the latter so you can still crash from time to time.

You can use three s/w for multitasking: MiNT, MagiC and Geneva. The first is free and open source, the other 2 are commercial (but not supported)

You can use three s/w for multitasking: MiNT, MagiC and Geneva. The first is free and open source, the other 2 are commercial (but not supported)

I was looking at XaAES. It looks pretty slick. :) I will check out MiNT. I want something that is actually updated.

• 2 weeks later...

I just brought my A4000 home... ... and then found no o/S... arghh my fault should'nt have left it at work....

Nick

Amigas have an OS? Interesting, I thought they didn't :P

OS 3.1 is pretty slick. 3.9 is prettier but bloated. Plus, 3.9 is simply a hacked 3.1 so there's no real new functionality... just a bunch of 3rd party addons incorporated into the OS.

3.9 is more than just hacks, it is a new version official version from Amiga inc. That is what new versions are I don't know why people think that. It is still Version 3.x, it is not like they released version 4 as 3.9

Edited by tjlazer

3.1 was the last official Amiga OS from C=, but Amiga Inc. later released both 3.5 and 3.9 as official releases. There was a bit more to them than just throwing in what were originally third party "hacks", but not a whole awful lot. However, I'm wanting to give AOS 4.0 a shot. Too bad it won't run natively on my A1200 without a PPC accelerator card. :(

3.1 was the last official Amiga OS from C=, but Amiga Inc. later released both 3.5 and 3.9 as official releases. There was a bit more to them than just throwing in what were originally third party "hacks", but not a whole awful lot. However, I'm wanting to give AOS 4.0 a shot. Too bad it won't run natively on my A1200 without a PPC accelerator card. :(

I bet AROS will beat both AOS 4.0 and MorphOS to mass distribution and saturation.

I bet AROS will beat both AOS 4.0 and MorphOS to mass distribution and saturation.

Maybe it will, but most Amiga-heads seem to be jonesing for the "real thing". Apparently there's about 4 or 5 different hardware manufacturers now putting together PPC-based systems meant specifically for OS 4, some of which actually look quite nice, including a few using lower power PPC embedded solutions. While it's a bummer there's no real working hardware (past the Eye-tech AOne, that is) at the moment, it's still interesting seeing where this is all going.

• 1 month later...

I had an Amiga 3000 working on the ethernet and all.. that was a lot of fun.

So find any takers for the trade idea?

Oh a long time ago. I got a Falcon and a TT

Nice! Welcome aboard. You can now add your name to the list of TT030 users... another post on here.