IGNORED

RAM - Random Access Memories - Pet owners please read this

RSS Bot

I have made this fact very public that my 14 year old dog died from a stroke. Even though this is very hard for me to do I think it is important enough to go through this grief to give pet owners a little heads up on a condiction that lead to the death of a beloved pet, friend and compainion. You see on the day before actually 2AM on the previous morning I discovered that my dog was vomiting and was unable to squairely stand on her feet. When I later discovered that she scould keep nothing down I rushed her to the Vet. I was just hoping for an infection like it was the last time she when through almost the same problem. I then learned from my Vet that she went through a condiction that is akin to a stroke, and with proper medication my that Monday or there abouts she would be fine. Let me clear one thing up that something akin to a stroke is a rare condiction and frankly I knew nothing about it or recall the exact name, in fact my vet had to look it up in a Vet's reference book. It was after Snowball died that I learned from other Vets including one at the emergency Vet where I rushed to on Friday night. That this condiction is much more serious than even my Vet knew. You see once a cat or a dog in my case has this condiction there is a 50% chance the problem could of been caused by a real stroke and in that case your pet has a 50% or less chance of suriving 48 hours. Look before anyone gets critical I had to learn this the hard way. Like the woman whose 11 year old dog went through the very same problem with her dog. Which survived only a week after the intial stroke, she is on Social Security and her vet bills ran up over $400. All I can add to this is get pet insurance I wish I had did this. The ASPCA now has Pet Insurance and if I do get another dog I will be getting some.

I post this only so others can be informed.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2253