IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Mike the Headless Chicken

RSS Bot

Some games I make derive from hatred for others. Take for instance, Miner 2049er. If you fall off the edge of a platform, you die. Is that fair? No. So what I'm doing here is taking Miner 2049er's platform deals, replacing the miner with a headless chicken, and replacing the goal of walking along every single part of every platform (that's a stupid goal) into how many handfuls of henscratch Mike can get in 60 seconds. How to work the game thus far:

Flip the game reset switch using your favorite 2600 emulator.

To get up onto a different level, go to either end and press up.

Fire makes Mike jump.

For every handful of henscrach Mike eats, he gets 1 point.

The goal of the game, like I said earlier, is to see how many handfuls of henscratch Mike can eat in 60 seconds. Once the timer reaches 0, it goes back to the title screen, displaying the score.

And, yes, there really was a headless chicken named Mike. No, it's not an urban legend, it really happened. I don't have a link, I just know. And yes, that's supposed to be a headless chicken. If anyone can draw me a better headless chicken, then by all means, reply with your purdy picture. The game thus far isn't going to be winning any awards anytime soon (well, maybe "Worst game ever made using Batari Basic"), so I'll be updating this one as time goes on.

mike102606.bas.binmike102606.bas

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=2255