IGNORED

Wii pre-orders at Toys R Us

This is weird because my TRU started taking Wii preorders in May or something. No kidding here. In my experience a TRU pre-order doesn't really mean much though. Every time I have talked to someone there about it, they barely know what the plan is and say the pre-orders are just to reserve a system, but no telling if they will even hold one for you, or when it comes in, what games you get in the bundle they've created, or anything like that. I think the fact that they've been accepting these since the spring here says they don't have a very good action plan, or even all the facts straight yet.

I read several stories online about wii/ps3 preorders starting Sunday. So Thursday afternoon (around 3-4pm) I called my local TRU to check and they said "we don't know anything yet, so call back every day we expect to hear soon." So I called Friday (i.e. the NEXT DAY) at noon and they said "oh, we did our preorders this morning - they're all sold out." Grrrr... thanks for nothing TRU. Guess I'll be camping at BB/Target/Walmart...