IGNORED

The price some people pay... (xbox 360)

Shannon

Not much to argue with there.

I even agree that the things I were saying are probably unlikely. They're just possible. And the points you make about it being more a situation of off-the-shelf components is MOSTLY the truth. The one difference is that I'm guessing the unique ID on the CPU is enabled by default on an XBox, (and short of modding it, there probably isn't a way to disable it), whereas on a standard PC, the unique ID on the CPU is disabled by default.

But I never said I though regular PCs were any safer from a security standpoint, either. :)

But I think the real lesson here is that XBox Live is specifically a bad idea. It is overpriced, over-rated, and populated by the lowest common denominator of XBox consumers, and, IMHO, presents a significant personal security risk. You're inviting the vampire into your house.

I must say....You chose the perfect Username :D

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...;showentry=1700

:)

:lol: Our company has some corporate BS HR program going around now. One of the little "tidbits" posted was. "None of us is smart as all of us". I just couldn't help but invision the mass stupidity that seems to infect large groups of people (aka "all of us").