IGNORED

Poll on Flashback 3 interest

FB3 Opinions  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a Flashback 3?

• Yes, I want Curt's FB3 based on the Atari 8-bits
    • Yes, but I don't care if it's a cheap Nintendo on a chip system.
    • Maybe. Depends upon the quality of the unit.
    • No. I have no interest in the Flashback 3.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Cool... then I'm in. I voted for option 1. As a die hard Atari 8-bit computer owner I'd love to have something similar to the FB2 (in regards to it's flexibility). Throw some activision stuff in there and you have a winner (yeah I know, wishful thinking).

Although it'd be nice if we had an idea of what titles were intended on being included with it. With all the copyright hoops that need to be jumped thru.

Edited by Shannon

Throw some activision stuff in there and you have a winner (yeah I know, wishful thinking).

:? Why wishful thinking? There was quite a bit of Activision stuff in the FB2.

Although it'd be nice if we had an idea of what titles were intended on being included with it. With all the copyright hoops that need to be jumped thru.

Most of the 5200 titles were wholey owned Atari Arcade titles. So Asteroids, Battlezone, Pacman, Centipede, Jr. Pac-Man, Millipede, Missile Command, Ms. Pacman, Super Breakout, Star Raiders, Kangaroo, and a few others should be easy to include. A deal with Williams could add Defender, Joust, Robotron, and Moon Patrol. A deal with Taito could add Space Invaders, Space Dungeon, and Jungle Hunt. A deal with Activision could add Dreadnaught Factor, Pitfall II, Zone Ranger, Zenji, H.E.R.O., and Beamrider. (They'd probably only bother with an Activision deal.)

If Space Dungeon and/or Robotron are to be included, the joystick molds could be modified to allow the joysticks to couple without a connector.

All in all, that's not a bad lineup. Now add in the Atari 8-bit library to choose from, and you've got quite a selection! :)

Edit: I've been pinned! WOOT! :D

Edited by jbanes

Throw some activision stuff in there and you have a winner (yeah I know, wishful thinking).

:? Why wishful thinking? There was quite a bit of Activision stuff in the FB2.

They had a whole 2 games. I'm thinking titles like Zenji, Zone Ranger, and Dreadnaught Factor.

Most of the 5200 titles were wholey owned Atari Arcade titles. So Asteroids, Battlezone, Pacman, Centipede, Jr. Pac-Man, Millipede, Missile Command, Ms. Pacman, Super Breakout, Star Raiders, Kangaroo, and a few others should be easy to include. A deal with Williams could add Defender, Joust, Robotron, and Moon Patrol. A deal with Taito could add Space Invaders, Space Dungeon, and Jungle Hunt. A deal with Activision could add Dreadnaught Factor, Pitfall II, Zone Ranger, Zenji, H.E.R.O., and Beamrider. (They'd probably only bother with an Activision deal.)

If Space Dungeon and/or Robotron are to be included, the joystick molds could be modified to allow the joysticks to couple without a connector.

Pacman and Ms. Pacman are namco properties. You might as well had said Dig Dug and Super Pac-man as well. Last I head Jr. Pac-man was in copyright limbo.

Kangaroo is not an original atari property, they "licensed it", probably long expired.

Sure a deal with williams, taito, and activision would bring some titles over. Aside from Activision I certainly don't remember them doing williams and taito titles on the FB2. These are the copyright "hoops" I'm referring too.

See my list in the other thread... there are lots of goodies, a good portion atari should already own. The rest are small enough I'd be willing to bet they could work something out.

Edited by Shannon

They had a whole 2 games. I'm thinking titles like Zenji, Zone Ranger, and Dreadnaught Factor.

And you've just named three. That doesn't seem that terrible. Of course, the more games they license, the more expensive the system will be likely to get. So perhaps they will forgo the licensed copies in the base-system, then release them on the expansion cards that Curt has been talking about? :ponder: :thumbsup:

Pacman and Ms. Pacman are namco properties. You might as well had said Dig Dug and Super Pac-man as well. Last I head Jr. Pac-man was in copyright limbo.

Doh! *smacks forehead* Good point. I completely AssUMed on that one without thinking it through. I suppose that significantly reduces the number of Atari 5200 titles, and increases the need to "borrow" from the 8-bit systems. It also makes Namco a juicy target for licensing, but they may not be willing given the popularity of the Ms. Pacman PnP. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I vote we have too many FB3 threads going.

I agree.

I vote for Curts FB3 desgin.

....and I also vote that the above quoted nobs have no clue this is how you show intrest to major corperations and improve the chances in getting a product to the assembly line and on store shelves.

Clearly there's only one choice here - the first one. Curt knows the platforms, and he knows people want the real thing. I'm 100% done with any type of NOAC based shit on a stick.

Actually I really want that all in one ST thing (FB4?) that Curt was alluding to in the other thread! :D

The FB2 Portable is also very high on my want list.

Hmmm... no Intellivision? Make new Intellivision compatiable with Jaguar controller since it'd have all the required buttons. (there's 4 side buttons but 2 are the same) A bonus would be if it can be made to be compatible with plain EPROM and not require funky design to interface modern EPROM with G1 circuits.

Hmmm... no Intellivision? Make new Intellivision compatiable with Jaguar controller since it'd have all the required buttons. (there's 4 side buttons but 2 are the same) A bonus would be if it can be made to be compatible with plain EPROM and not require funky design to interface modern EPROM with G1 circuits.

Post your Intelly wants in the Classic Gaming General forums.

....and I also vote that the above quoted nobs have no clue this is how you show intrest to major corperations and improve the chances in getting a product to the assembly line and on store shelves.

And the nob above thinks companies are stupid enough not to notice that the same people keep posting over and over.

Some people seem to think that a barrage of posts will somehow get an FB3 produced this year even though the company probably has no budget because their parent company has serious problems. And if they were going to produce it they would have needed it ready over a month ago. Did anyone hear that it was ready or was development stopped?

Edited by JamesD