IGNORED

Flashback 3 Mockup Box Art.

Atariboy, that is awesome! :lust:

That's even better than the Intellivision Flashback mockup I did a while back! Methinks Atari could save themselves some money by contracting out their box artwork to you. ;)

Edit: One change I would have made, though. We already had the quintessential Pitfall! on the FB2. The FB3 should have Pitfall II on it. Not only will that help differentiate the product, but it will also show off the POKEY sound capabilities. :)

Edited by jbanes

Atariboy, that is awesome! :lust:

That's even better than the Intellivision Flashback mockup I did a while back! Methinks Atari could save themselves some money by contracting out their box artwork to you. ;)

Edit: One change I would have made, though. We already had the quintessential Pitfall! on the FB2. The FB3 should have Pitfall II on it. Not only will that help differentiate the product, but it will also show off the POKEY sound capabilities. :)

Yea Im not very good in writing words but they say a picture is worth a 1000 word and I hope every line say "Atari, Make Flaskback 3"

Only 80 games? They'd better include Fractalus, Ballblazer, and Dreadnaught Factor then! ;)

Well, going by their pattern, its doubled everytime, Atari 10-in-1 Joystick, Atari Flashback (20) and the Atari Flashback 2 (40)!

Edited by TrekkiELO

Only 80 games? They'd better include Fractalus, Ballblazer, and Dreadnaught Factor then! ;)

Well, going by their pattern, it's doubled everytime, Atari 10-in-1 Joystick, Atari Flashback (20) and the Atari Flashback 2 (40)!

Wow I did not knew about the doubled digite numbering I just made up the 80 part from head, seem its a normal number to use :D but I would like it to be 100 if it can :lust:

• 2 weeks later...

Keyboard add on! 5200 is similiar enough to 800 computer that it may be possible to have a dual 5200/800. Flip a switch or select the mode in menu and the memory map will change to conform 5200 or 800 mode. Also be the first ever game console to have 3 different cart slot in one system without adapters (Left and right for 800 plus 5200)

80 games would be a hell of a lot of games! Self-centering sticks this time, right? RIGHT?! ;-)
According to Curt's specs, the FB3 will ship with a pair of the FB2-series CX-40 joysticks, so yes, they'll be self-centering.

Keyboard add on! 5200 is similiar enough to 800 computer that it may be possible to have a dual 5200/800. Flip a switch or select the mode in menu and the memory map will change to conform 5200 or 800 mode. Also be the first ever game console to have 3 different cart slot in one system without adapters (Left and right for 800 plus 5200)
The FB3 will have onboard footprints for a PS/2 keyboard port and for an Atari 8-bit computer cartridge port. The games that ship with the unit, and any future first-party game packs, will be installed using memory cards.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1037157

80 games would be a hell of a lot of games! Self-centering sticks this time, right? RIGHT?! ;-)
According to Curt's specs, the FB3 will ship with a pair of the FB2-series CX-40 joysticks, so yes, they'll be self-centering.

The FB3 will have onboard footprints for a PS/2 keyboard port and for an Atari 8-bit computer cartridge port. The games that ship with the unit, and any future first-party game packs, will be installed using memory cards.

Oh man I will now really want one baddly, the 5200/800 was always getting a bum-rap all these years but now its finaly getting the really deserve attention the 5200 should had gottin if it was relace right and well better games. :D

A USB port for a standard keyboard would be nicer, though... :ponder:

A USB port for a standard keyboard would be nicer, though... icon_ponder.gif
Sure, and let Curt be swamped with calls for help like why isn't the USB printer working, why isn't the USB game controller working, why isn't the memory sticks working, why isn't etc...
A USB keyboard port would probably be a lot more expensive to implement, too.