IGNORED

Game Production for the Flashback 3...

What kind of games (production-wise) would you like to see on the FB3?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Game types (old-school, homebrews, hacks)

• Old-school Atari only; I'm a total purist
    • Licensed games; I willing to pay more for the popular names
    • Homebrews and hacks; I want new games or tweaked originals to play with
    • All of the above
    • Other - tell us the details

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

How will the games be chosen for the FB3? Will most be old-school Atari titles? Will there be any licensed games for other companies (Pitfall II, Pac-Man)? Will some be homebrews/hacks? Remember Curt asked for help with changing the Centipede code to Millipede? (And no NOAC crap, thank-you!)

What kind of games do you want to see? If you want to, include some "must have" titles.

I thought the centipede code was for the 7800?

Anyways assuming the FB3 is based on atari 8-bit technology (aka the 5200/XEG). If you look at alot of the actual cartridge releases you will see that most of them were arcade conversions. Not leaving much room, but..

Going by the Atari owned properties on the 5200 you would have.

Asteroids

Battlezone

Centipede

Countermeasure

Final Legacy

Frisky Tom (is that title complete?)

Millipede

Missile Command (use the hacked version please?)

Realsports (Baseball, basketball, football, soccer, tennis)

Star Raiders

Star Raiders II (great game)

Super Breakout

Homebrew

Adventure 2

Castle Crisis

Koffi?

Activision titles that would be great to see.. (if I had my choice and it was limited)

River Raid

The Dreadnaught Factor

Zenji (a fave of mine)

Zone Ranger

Boulderdash has been converted to be able to run on the 5200. Would be kinda cool to see this first star classic.

Big 5's Miner 2049'er and Bounty Bob Strikes Back (with fixed opening music) would be great to see as well.

Stuff from the big 'ol 8-bit (atari owned)

Caverns Of Mars

Caverns Of Mars II

Computer Chess

Dandy (old pbx game)

Dark Chambers

Desert Falcon

Dog Daze Deluxe (old pbx game)

Eastern Front

Foodfight.. (was this on the FB1?)

Getaway (old pbx title)

Thunderfox

Although unlikely, the XEG actually had some light gun games. They would be Barnyard Blaster, Bug Hunt, Crime Buster, Crossbow.

Not sure who owns these now (used to be broderbund) but Karateka and

Lode Runner would be two great additions.

Old EA titles. One on One, MULE, Archon I & II

Crossfire. Used to be a sierra-on-line product, not sure who it belongs to now.

So there you go..

Remember Curt asked for help with changing the Centipede code to Millipede?

Millipede already exists for the 5200. As Shannon said, the Centipede -> Millipede conversion was for the 7800. Of course, if Millipede and Centipede are included, I'd love to see Atari market a Trackball add-on "for use with the Flashback 3 game console"! :love:

I think alot of the 2600 and 5200 Homebrews would be a fine addition to the FB3.

Dude, stop with the 2600/7800 requests. The 7800 and the 5200 are completely different designs. They're not going to show up in the same system. If you keep demanding it, Atari might give us a NOAC system with Nintendo conversions of the games so that they CAN show up together. :mad:

Then we'd have to tie you up by your pinky toe and pummel you with pebbles and bad jokes until you beg for mercy. :lol:

Must have M.U.L.E. on a 5200/800 chip based Atari Flashback 3, just think about how many extra sales you could get from fans of this game alone who are still out there today, including me, even though I'd still buy one if it somehow misses the cut!

Edited by TrekkiELO

I think we need a Haunted House for the 800/5200 along the lines of Adventure II - where the Haunted House is much larger, has some new baddies - Tony Wong's Return to Haunted House would make a great premise for such a game.

Also, an 800/5200 Yars' Revenge! ;-)

Curt

Remember Curt asked for help with changing the Centipede code to Millipede?

Millipede already exists for the 5200. As Shannon said, the Centipede -> Millipede conversion was for the 7800.

Oops! :dunce:

I would really like to see some of the Atari arcade games that never made it to production for the 8 bit lines (ie: Tempest, Cloak & Dagger, Road Runner, Paperboy, Marble Madness, 720 Degrees, Arabian, Black Widow, Gravitar, I Robot, Liberator, Major Havoc, etc..). Now that would be sweet!! Aside from this extremely unlikely scenario, perhaps some new quality games.

Some cassette and disk based games might be cool, if the licensing can be sorted out. Henry's House or Zybex, f.e.

Castle Crisis; Crownland when it's finished.

Star Raiders is a must. The A8 version of Mario Bros is excellent, but I guess that it would be impossible to have that on the FB3.

Star Raiders is a must. The A8 version of Mario Bros is excellent, but I guess that it would be impossible to have that on the FB3.

I agree, but one of the 5200 MB variations will do nicely as well. If I had just one XEGS game to pick, it would be (of course!) Crystal Castles, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I think that Atari's A8 library is more than deep enough to sustain an entire project, though it would be truly awesome to have some Williams games (Defender!) as well.

My top ten choices:

Star Raiders

Millipede

Kangaroo (underrated!)

Tempest (surely this will be finished in time?)

Moon Patrol

Dig Dug

Pole Position

Alley Cat (didn't Atari buy Synapse's catalogue?)

Qix and Donkey Kong/Jr (a nod to licenses)

top homebrew pick:

Castle Crisis

top proto pick:

Liberator is apparently floating around out there. I'd love this if Sinistar doesn't make it on to the system.

I voted all of the above - you need some originals but some new blood is necessary, just like with the FB2.

Assuming the 5200 design, I would LOVE to see Black Belt and Meebzork be finished and released. The 5200 needed games like these. Adventure 2 is a given. Beyond that, if it had anything to do with the XE, I'd also say Necromancer and Crystal Castles. If it had just those games, I'd be happy.

Castle Crisis; Crownland when it's finished.

What is this? Never heard of it. Is this a sequel to Castle Crisis?

That's two different games. Castle Crisis is Warlords and Crownland is a Super Mario Bros. type game being developed on the 8-bits.

Allan