IGNORED

Empire at war Forces of curruption

Did anyone else pick this up? After sinking over 20 hours in EaW I was really looking forward to this one. And I've played about 4 hours and I have to say it's great. They added a metric ton of new units and heroes, including Thrawn(!) and Vader in the Super star destoyer (!!). They expanded the ground maps to make them a lot less annoying (honestly I would happily be rid of them all together) but they are mutch more tolerable. The added gangster faction adds a lot of really neat play twists, focusing on more subtle means of beating the enemy rather than always using brute force. If you are at all interested I recommend giving it a shot.

Did anyone else pick this up? After sinking over 20 hours in EaW I was really looking forward to this one. And I've played about 4 hours and I have to say it's great. They added a metric ton of new units and heroes, including Thrawn(!) and Vader in the Super star destoyer (!!). They expanded the ground maps to make them a lot less annoying (honestly I would happily be rid of them all together) but they are mutch more tolerable. The added gangster faction adds a lot of really neat play twists, focusing on more subtle means of beating the enemy rather than always using brute force. If you are at all interested I recommend giving it a shot.

how is E@W anyway.. every time i go to best buy i eye it over.. and the recently reduced price tag isnt helping me not go after it lol. is it like a warcraft III with a sw theme, or is it different then that (and god i hope it is)?

There is no resource management in the game, at all. That alone makes it better than a lot of RTS games in my book. It's really nothing like WC, since 75% of your battles will be in space. You can easily retreat and invade space, building requires no workers. It's increadibly streamlined and the battles really do feel epic at times. I'm buying a new graphics card to maybe pretty it up a little since I'm running it pretty low as is (mine can't handle the exactutor either :( ). It's worlds better than battlegrounds or force commander to be sure lol.