IGNORED

Question - FB2 Portable?

Oh great... so now I've gotta go edit the website so it states

Legacy Engineering Group - purveyors of fine videogaming products and supplier of gift wrapped Jokey-smurf exploding boxes....

Curt

*Dr. Evil accent*

Of course, you must all realize.....now that you've seen part of it.....we must kill.......all of you........

You should all be recieving a free "gift box" at your door any day now from us at Legacy. Please open promptly, and enjoy. ;)

2.5" backlit TFT

That is an older rendering, the thumbpad has been altered - it wasn't "Atari" enough so it was updated in its shape, has an orange dotted ring around it to give it a joystick base appearance...

Curt

Wicked dude!! That is definitely hands down the coolest Atari item since the eighties. I wonder what the screen size is..

edit - I can tell from the size of the connector

You should all be recieving a free "gift box" at your door any day now from us at Legacy. Please open promptly, and enjoy. ;)

Curt & Marty, Al just provided me addresses for everyone reading this thread. "Legacy Engineering" gift boxes will be shipped out to everyone tomorrow. ;) I was still hoping to do Marty's "Dr. Evil" suggestion of hiring assassin sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. However, that idea proved to be impractical.

Remember, when Dr. Evil gets upset, Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, and when Mr. Bigglesworth gets upset, people DIE!

Curt & Marty, Al just provided me addresses for everyone reading this thread. "Legacy Engineering" gift boxes will be shipped out to everyone tomorrow. ;) I was still hoping to do Marty's "Dr. Evil" suggestion of hiring assassin sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.

Well, we didn't say what's actually in the box. ;)

However, that idea proved to be impractical.

That's why we settled for sea monkeys with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.

Well, we kept putting the top to a CX-40 onto it.... but then there was no place for the screen, sooooo........

;-)

Curt

Joypad on the left?

A concession to the Nintendo generation?

(Hate to be a whiner about that, but 2600 games just don't "feel" right played left-handed. Looks really cool, otherwise.)

Curt & Marty, Al just provided me addresses for everyone reading this thread. "Legacy Engineering" gift boxes will be shipped out to everyone tomorrow. ;) I was still hoping to do Marty's "Dr. Evil" suggestion of hiring assassin sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.

Well, we didn't say what's actually in the box. ;)

However, that idea proved to be impractical.

That's why we settled for sea monkeys with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads.

Don't... kill... me... please... :P

Actually, you can send me a working FB2 Portable prototype in my package, thank-you very much! :D

Neat design. Kind of reminds my of the Atari Lynx also. Just the second fire button missing.

What about the lower middle section. There seems to be a button and a removable cover. Is it for batteries?

And is there some filters behind the LED screen to give enough contrast? The original Lynx just had a piece of plastic and I have been cutting pieces of filters from a broken HP laptop to insert them behind the Lynx screen. This improves contrast a bit.

See the thread here for enhancing the Lynx LCD.

--

Karri

Well, we kept putting the top to a CX-40 onto it.... but then there was no place for the screen, sooooo........

I was whining more about it being on the left, than being a joypad. :)

Anyway...

So I wonder if Ben Heck is going to take one of these, and turn it into a full-sized Atari? :ponder:

Wow, that looks amazing !!! Better than I'd ever imagined. I was worried that the woody theme would have made it look too old fashioned but this looks really classy. It gives it a really expensive look. Fantastic :D

Edited by MRB