IGNORED

Wii GS/EB bundles - under $699

remowilliams

This Thursday evening (CST), November 9, your opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives when the Wii Bundle becomes available for purchase online at GameStop.com. You'll get the best games, accessories and more in one convenient package delivered right to your door - all for under $699 plus tax and handling.

Ouch.

This is dumb. Of course, the price wouldn't be bad if you could pick your own stuff. I'm not sure if I'd want that much stuff off the hop in the first place. Red Steel, Twilight Princess and one more for me. I'll probably get Metal Slug Anthology. I really want Excite Truck, but one player racing games get boring for me.

Only place in my town to get one is Wal-Mart, and I called and they said it's first come first serve. So I would imagine if I get to Wal-Mart an hour before the store opens, I'll get a Wii. My buddy easily got a PS2 on launch date here, so I shouldn't have too much trouble. I still want to go early just because I would rather be safe than sorry.

All I want is a Wii and Zelda... maybe a Classic Controller also but that's not a must have. I figure between Zelda, Wii Sports, and any downloadable games that are available at launch time, I'll be set for gaming for awhile and don't need/want to spend anything more on launch day.

DOWN WITH BUNDLES AND ANY BUSINESS THAT ATTEMPTS TO FORCE THEM ON YOU in order for you to obtain what you really want!! :thumbsdown:

Mendon

Edited by Mendon

This Thursday evening (CST), November 9, your opportunity to get in on the excitement arrives when the Wii Bundle becomes available for purchase online at GameStop.com. You'll get the best games, accessories and more in one convenient package delivered right to your door - all for under $699 plus tax and handling.

Ouch.

AHAHAHAAHHHAAAAAHAAHAAAAAA!!! Yeah, that's a good one.

Sucker%20Poker%20Sign.jpg

the bundle pricing is totally getting rid of nintendo's philosophy.. i know you get a lot of stuff with it, but common. having a 700 dollar price tag is making it look comparible to a ps3. oh lord, thinking of which i cant wait to see the bundle pricings on that if the wii is 700.

I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned yet.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161327.html

Relevant quotes:

Earlier this week, GameStop and its subsidiary EB Games announced their online Wii preorder program. The console would only be available beginning Thursday night as part of an expensive bundle--around $699--the details of which were not made public.

So, as far as GS and EB are concerned, even if you preordered, you can buy a bundle or take a hike.

However, the bundle's inclusion of Twilight Princess could be an irresistible draw for those who have not yet preordered the game. According to a GameStop.com rep, the online store has "sold out of their allocation of Twilight Princess," and is no longer selling it a la carte.

I understand that this is the most anticipated game for the Wii and pretty much the sole reason most people are buying one. Well, if you shop at Gamestop or EB, then Twilight Princess costs $700.

Well, regardless of my opinion of the Wii, I can definitely get behind hating GS and EB.

However, the bundle's inclusion of Twilight Princess could be an irresistible draw for those who have not yet preordered the game. According to a GameStop.com rep, the online store has "sold out of their allocation of Twilight Princess," and is no longer selling it a la carte.

I understand that this is the most anticipated game for the Wii and pretty much the sole reason most people are buying one. Well, if you shop at Gamestop or EB, then Twilight Princess costs $700.

Well, regardless of my opinion of the Wii, I can definitely get behind hating GS and EB.

Jeez. They are really licking the super monkey balls this time around. And a six game bundle is just over the top ass raping.