IGNORED

Gears of War

Red 5

Soo, i've had this game for a little while now, but i didn't really get around to playing it for a few reasons. The first reason is that every time i played i'd get killed repeatedly, and it was just a struggle from checkpoint to checkpoint. Shooters are not my natural habitat (although i do like Doom and Halo). Then i got distracted with Viva Piñata. Only tonight did i finally go back to GoW, play for a few minutes, and go "ooohhhhhh...." I don't know what it is, but the game just clicked. Then i played it for 2 hours straight. :D

Just wish i could swap out that pistol for something a little less useless. :(

Just gotta add that I played splitscreen co-op last night with a buddy ...

Hell yeah! :D :lust:

I do wish, though, that the screen would split vertically on my widescreen TV. With the horizontal split, it's impossible to see where your grenades are going to land once your throwing arc reaches a certain height ... plus it just doesn't seem like efficient use of space to have two long, skinny screens instead of a pair of squarish views side by side.

Maybe that's just me :ponder:

You can change that in your video settings. We had the same problem with our wide screen, although I hated the verticle split (I have no aim anyway so where the grenade was going didn't really matter. :D )

Gears is unbelievable to look at, and the AI is superb!

OK, I must be stupid. I can't seem to change the video settings on my 360 or in the GOW game menu to do vertical rather than horizonta split.

A little help... please :)

-Lee

Edited by Lee Krueger

According to this thread on the official forums, that feature doesn't exist. :ponder:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=556403

I have not tried it, because I haven't even tried co-op yet.

OK, so we wre given some ill-informed advice here (no names mentioned).

Would be nice if people knew what they were talking about before responding so we don't waste out time.

Regards,

-Lee

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still interested in getting an AA deathmatch game going tomorrow afternoon/evening/night. I need some more of you with the game to send me a friend invite so when I make a private room I can send out game invitations.

Anyone up for it?

Also, I'm up for co-op as well. I'm working on Hardcore difficulty right now, so I'm still learning.

What's your gamertag? Mine is Jibbajaba, so that makes it easy. I'll rent the game if we are really going to get this going. I would like to see at least a couple more interested parties before I go plunk down 8 bucks at Blockbuster.

Chris

I'll send you a friend request, it'll be from SmasherBlaster.

Looks like people aren't really interested though. At least you'll have my gamertag so if you get the game in the future we can hook up.

Looks like people aren't really interested though. At least you'll have my gamertag so if you get the game in the future we can hook up.

I would be, but I do not have the game yet. Wont have it until Xmas :(

It's cool, get on my friends list and send me an invite (SmasherBlaster) :) , we'll have a bash over the holidays or something.