IGNORED

PS3 Launch numbers

King_Salamon

It seems like every store is getting a measly few consoles for launch... the thing I find interesting is the amount of software these stores will end up with. Granted, some titles will be released in small'ish numbers only because there's less demand for them than some of the big titles.

How many copies of EA games are there going to be on the sheves for the next 2 months? I guess it was the same way with other systems (360 game section had almost nothing except for the sports titles last Christmas) but it seems that there will be a flooding of software for a trickle of systems.

Thinking about it even more now as I type this... I think there are some stores trying to sell off PS2 launch titles even to this day (Sony's Basketball title still sits at ToysRUs for a whopping $10).

All that software and not enough hardware to go around.

That's Ken Kutaragi and his arrogance for you. He tells all the publishers to have plenty of their games ready for release, then trickles a small amount to of consoles so hardly anyone can buy the games. He thinks it will make him money.

Thats very similar on what happened with the XBOX 360. It worked in some ways, but its price obviously helped.

What I want to know is, why do people care how many consoles are available on day one? Do you really need it the first day? I don't. Sony has already stated that 100,000 units per week will be coming after the initial shipment. :?

The same thing happened with the 360, I sure as hell didn't stand in line to get one. I am enjoying it anyway, regardless of wether I got it day one or 2 months later. :roll:

What I want to know is, why do people care how many consoles are available on day one? Do you really need it the first day? I don't. Sony has already stated that 100,000 units per week will be coming after the initial shipment. :?

The same thing happened with the 360, I sure as hell didn't stand in line to get one. I am enjoying it anyway, regardless of wether I got it day one or 2 months later. :roll:

I agree totally. I've been saying all along that it's foolish to get caught up with a console launch. Not only does it not make any sense to stand in line for hours for something that will be readily available within six months, but does anyone think the PS3 won't have issues like the early PS2's and Xbox 360's had?

Why the hell would anyone want a PS3? It's all about online play these days and Microsoft has the market by the balls with XboxLive.

It's the beginning of the downfall for Sony. I'm not a fanboy and I liked PS/PS2 but, everything is a bout multiplayer and playing online and sony just doesn't stand a chance against Microsoft.

Wii will be cool because they knew they had to come up with somthing new and unique with it's controller design or else Nintendo would've been killed too by the MS giant.

Edited by ManShowBoy

Personally, the wii will be the only the second system i buy at launch, so i guess its important. i think its foolish to do it for every system , yes,... but i mean if your excited to have something, some people dont want to wait for 6 months to play it. i mean, i kinda kick myself for getting the DS at launch as i had to get a Lite anyway later, but i got so much more play time that lots of other people. im glad i got it when i did.

same goes for people who got a 360 when it came out. it might be stupid to some as now you can get a system anywhere, but they have had it for about a year longer than you guys, having fun with something they enjoy. if you think its worth doing it fine, but critisizing others for wanting something that makes them happy is pretty lame. im sure a lot of the stuff you guys buy seems like useless purchases in other's eyes... doesnt make them bad purchases though.

Edited by AtariJr

I saw this report about the PS3 launch in Japan and man did I get sticker shock. Not about the price of the console...that I already knew about. No, it was the cost of the Blu-ray PS3 games it seems they start at $80.

Japanese games are often expensive, not just PS3 games.

The most popular PS2 games go for 8800 yen, which is probably the "$80" that you're seeing for PS3 games.

So, nothing new.