IGNORED

Anyone getting a Wii?

I'm going to try to get a Wii off the shelf... or hope my family can get me one for Christmas.

As for the PS3? Well, I tried some off-road racing game today, and I felt like Chris Redfield looking at the Tyrant for the first time...

*laughter* "This is your savior? Ken Kutaragi, you're senile!"

I'm not planning to buy one, but I've put it on my Amazon wish list. So we'll see. (Extremely doubtful.)

At this point I'd probably rather have whoever would be spending that money just buy me Twilight Princess for GameCube and pick up all of the DS games on my wish list instead. I'm going to want a Wii once Metroid Prime 3: Corruption comes out though!

Edited by Room 34

Yep, definitely. The wiimote-based gameplay looks really fun and different. I wasn't able to preorder, but I'll camp at Best Buy or Target or something, and I plan on picking up up Zelda, Red Steel, and Rayman right away; though I may break down and pick up a couple other games (Monkey Ball, THDJ, Excite Truck, etc). I'll probably get either a 360 or PS3 next year, but I'm in no hurry for those, especially considering the price.

im grabbing one at launch as an early xmas present. I'm just hoping after hearing about ps3's backwards compat problems on top of 360's im a little worried now about Wii's cube backwards compat.

PS3 is a no go for me i'm perfectly happy with my PS2 i think with PSP being around the PS2 will be supported with new software well after PS3's launch considering they could keep porting games over (id love to see a Death Jr port) PS3 has basicly the same kind of games 360 has (which i already have) along with all the problems it sounds PS3 is having mainly with backwards compat. i mean paying 600-700 bux for a system thats suppose to play your old games ,and you cant..can you say rip off.

I will be getting one but am going to wait until the "first batch" is out and more are being made. Hey, you never know if any glitches are found and fixed after release. I am happy with my DS and PS2 right now, they are keeping me quite busy, especially with all the DS has been offering lately.

In short, the wii is definately in my future, maybe not this year but not because I don't want it or money problems. It would only to wait until it is readily available and in perfect working condition. I have missed all preorders I know about anyway.

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

from what IGN has said, it plays gc games just fine... and where did you hear about ps3 backwards compatibility problems? i didnt think that was an issue.. i mean, i heard it was like the 360 and done through emulation, not old ps2 hardware, but i thought it was going to be much better than the 360's half baked bc.

I'm on the fence. I can't even afford one right now, but when I can... maybe. I'm hearing a lot about its multimedia functionality and what I've been hearing hasn't impressed me. Not only can the Wii not play DVDs, but it can't even play CDs! What the hell?!

JR

When was the last time you listened to a CD? And on a gaming console at that..come on!