IGNORED

Double Feature #1 Game Review - Matthias Domin´s latest Jaguar development

jaguar_fan

Gunstar,

You're right in telling that don't use all the power of the beast, but if you like this kind of games, you must have them, i have seen them running, the graphics kick ass and the music too. I think a lot of people will spend a lot of time playing with them.

GT ;)

I think Mathias deserves credit for this release, he has obviously not cut corners in any department as the box, instructions and disc are all high quality. The disc is 100% reliable, the menus are very sharp and the music and sound effects fit perfeclty.I hear what your saying regarding pushing the console and your right this / these games dont push the Jag to its limit in any way but they are fun and a welcome break from high ocatane 360 gaming!. What this release offers is a very well pollished example of how a homebrew should be made and marketed and i hope we see more from this team. :cool:

(btw Gunstar good to see you around again mate)

I agree with you 100% that Mathias deserves credit and respect, etc., etc., and I do hope to see more from him, besides board&puzzle games. They just aren't my cup of tea and regardless of the time&polish put on them I just can't justify spending that amount on something I'll play like once a year, especially when I can get full-blown games on other systems for that price new, or a fraction used. I feel even more so the same way with Starcat's "lost treasures" release. I was looking forward for lieterally years, towards the release of Star Alliance, only to learn that it wasn't going to be finished, for what ever reasons, and then he wants me to buy his unfinished work? I've seen enough releases of unfinished crap on the Jag. I'll support any and all the developers, no matter how long it takes them, when they release full-blown games that are finished. Until then, I'll just keep playing Iron Soldier 2 and my other Jag fave's and just buy new games on my Xbox. If Eeerievale ever gets released on the Jag, in a complete form, which I doubt, but if it does, I'll be one of the first in line to buy it. And if Matthias comes out with a game that is to my liking, same there.

And thanks for the welcome back Bonzo, though I've never really been gone, just not around nearly s much as the old days, and not posting as much since many of the topics are the same old reruns of years past; great for new Jag followers, boring for us oldschool fans. As more new stuff comes out for the Jag and there are new things to talk about, I'll throw in my 2 pennies in once again.

Edited by Gunstar

Gunstar,

You're right in telling that don't use all the power of the beast, but if you like this kind of games, you must have them, i have seen them running, the graphics kick ass and the music too. I think a lot of people will spend a lot of time playing with them.

GT ;)

It's not really my bag, as good as it may be for those type of games. And when the Jagware team releases something of about the same quality, maybe minus a bit of polish, in DiamJag, and gives it to the community for free(Thank's guys!), it makes it even harder to swallow the jagged pill of $30-40 for these mini games from Mathias (Matthias?). Even if the price were just dropped to $20, it would change things drastically. It's all about the price point&what you get for your money (regardless of polish and good tunes, which wear thin quickly anyway; the gameplay is still paramount to me). I've bought all the releases like this in the past, limited or otherwise; Ocean Depths, Jagmind: Bombsquad, Extremist packs, Painter, etc. and then after getting quickly bored with them from either shallow gameplay, not my type of game, or both, I've seen them collect dust until I finally sold them off, usually at a loss compared to what I payed. I'm done doing that, regardless of level of polish. I want a full-blown release of a real video game or I won't buy any longer. And when I say real video game I mean not something that can be played in another medium like these board and puzzle type games. If I want a board game, I'll go to Milton Bradly's website and order one. If I want a puzzle game, I'll go down to the dime-store and buy a travel kit for a few bucks with the sliding puzzle games, or play the same type of games on my 8-bit.

Edited by Gunstar

It's not really my bag, as good as it may be for those type of games. And when the Jagware team releases something of about the same quality, maybe minus a bit of polish, in DiamJag, and gives it to the community for free(Thank's guys!)

Yes, but you must know, SebRmv (Atomic coder) and the WonderProject Team (Orion and MetalKnucles, DiamJag team) have written their games in one week, that means not a lot of hours like Mathias team (Mathias, Bastian, Duranik and 505) have done. Buying this two games (Not one ;) ) is doing a move for supporting Jaguars Developers.

GT Turbo (C.V.S.D., Jagware) poulpe.gif

I think Mathias deserves credit for this release, he has obviously not cut corners in any department as the box, instructions and disc are all high quality. The disc is 100% reliable, the menus are very sharp and the music and sound effects fit perfeclty.I hear what your saying regarding pushing the console and your right this / these games dont push the Jag to its limit in any way but they are fun and a welcome break from high ocatane 360 gaming!. What this release offers is a very well pollished example of how a homebrew should be made and marketed and i hope we see more from this team. :cool:

(btw Gunstar good to see you around again mate)

I totally agree, Bonzo.

Comparing the two new relases during this year´s Euro JagFest in Germany is like comparing a Porsche (Double Feature #1) to a Fiat 500 (Lost Treasures).

And, Double Feature works in any Jaguar CD player, comes with a printed manual, is multi langual inside the software. It´s simply the better choice if a decision between DF and LT is needed. Plus DF comes for a lower price.

Hello all!

I haven't been doing any kind of pre-order list, but that's because I'm assuming I will have enough to go around. :)

I have sent the DF#1 units towards Carl / Songbird some days ago, hopefully they will arrive the coming week.

If you are from Northamerica you should consider to order from him, as the shipping costs from Germany are very high (that's also the reason why i have withhold most of the orders from US-citizens so far).

Kind regards

Matthias

Hello all!

I haven't been doing any kind of pre-order list, but that's because I'm assuming I will have enough to go around. :)

I have sent the DF#1 units towards Carl / Songbird some days ago, hopefully they will arrive the coming week.

If you are from Northamerica you should consider to order from him, as the shipping costs from Germany are very high (that's also the reason why i have withhold most of the orders from US-citizens so far).

Kind regards

Matthias

Matthias what's your PayPal account? I'm pretty sure I sent a payment of 30 Euros for something Jag homebrew but that may be Lost Treasures and not your DF, I'll get DF from Songbird if I didn't order one direct. The name of the account I paid to is Christine G. (full last name withheld for privacy) and was made on November 11th.

Edited by MegaManFan

Hello!

Matthias what's your PayPal account? I'm pretty sure I sent a payment of 30 Euros for something Jag homebrew but that may be Lost Treasures and not your DF, I'll get DF from Songbird if I didn't order one direct. The name of the account I paid to is Christine G. (full last name withheld for privacy) and was made on November 11th.

Starcat uses the mentioned PayPal-account for his sales, you paid the 30 Euros for the "Lost Treasures Limited Edition" which you have received meanwhile and are talking about in the other thread.

But yes, you had emailed me on 11. November about purchasing a DF#1-copy, but i wasn't able to deliver at that time and so you didn't had to pay.

Kind regards

Matthias

Starcat uses the mentioned PayPal-account for his sales, you paid the 30 Euros for the "Lost Treasures Limited Edition" which you have received meanwhile and are talking about in the other thread.

But yes, you had emailed me on 11. November about purchasing a DF#1-copy, but i wasn't able to deliver at that time and so you didn't had to pay.

Kind regards

Matthias

That explains Matthias, I knew I had them connected in my mind for a reason. If you're relying on Songbird for US sales, I'll simply pick one up there as soon as they're available. Thanks! :D

Hello!

If you're relying on Songbird for US sales, I'll simply pick one up there as soon as they're available. Thanks! :D

You can of course also order from me directly regardless of where you are located,

but for several reasons (like the very high postage-costs, longer delivery time and the restriction to use only PayPal for non-EU customers) i decided it would only be fair to have at least one local (northamerican) vendor as an alternative source for my game.

Kind regards

Matthias