IGNORED

Sonic 1 for GBA. Worst Sonic game ever, hands down.

Cheese007

You would think that, by now, SEGA would easily be able to port Sonic 1 to the GBA without andy problem whatsoever, right? Wrong. TThis game is just downright horrible, and an insult to the series. It makes Shadow the Hedgehog look like the greatest thing since sliced bread. There are tons of issues with this game. First off, it isn't even BASED off of Sonic 1 Genesis, it's based off of Sonic 1 for the GG. That's where all the similarities with classic Sonic end. The sound is horrible, so horrible that sometimes objects don't even play their sound effect AT ALL! Even if they do, it still sound like crap. Refresh rate is absolutely horrific, platforms literally appear right in front of you. The frame rate is VERY slow. It removes any sense of speed you might get from the (ironically) weightless Sonic. That leads me to the last problem, physics. Sonic is almost weightless, he accelerates near instantly and and jump mega-high. Sometimes the collision detection doesn't even work properly. Oh and almost forgot, Sonic also off-color. Seriously SEGA, this is pathetic. All and all, the worst Sonic game ever made. Final score: 1/10

EDIT: Oh and they removed the level select and debug mode codes as well. Btw, please, for the love of all thing holy, don't buy this game new. Hell, don't even download it. It isn't even worth the time it takes for it to dl across a DSL line.

EDIT: My bad, it's based of the Genesis version. Can't blame me really, it looks so bad at that low-res I couldn't see much of a difference.

Edited by Cheese007

And thank you for playing "Why I hate Sega." Your consolation prize is a Sonic Adventure baseball cap and a Dreamcast tattoo for your forehead. (IT'S THINKING~!)

Sonic 1 for GBA doesn't annoy me that bad. Most modern Sonic titles are alright in my book if they're 2D.

i got it at target.

it isn't THAT bad.

so theres some slowdowns. but look on the bright side!

it has a remixed soundtrack.

it has save features, and level select.

the slowdowns add a bit more challenge to the game.

and the levels are slightly changed also to be more challenging. but the bosses are much easier.

its not AS BAD as E.T.

i give it a 5.5 / 10

This is a port of the Genesis Sonic 1, not the Game Gear game. Its main faults are its poor frame rate and some sound effects being off.

Cheese, this is the Game Gear Sonic the Hedgehog, these screenshots should make it pretty clear your not playing this game on your GBA.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/game-gear/so...hog/screenshots

Edited by Atariboy

i got it at target.

it isn't THAT bad.

so theres some slowdowns. but look on the bright side!

it has a remixed soundtrack.

it has save features, and level select.

the slowdowns add a bit more challenge to the game.

and the levels are slightly changed also to be more challenging. but the bosses are much easier.

its not AS BAD as E.T.

i give it a 5.5 / 10

I don't think you could ever compare Sonic to E.T. no matter what.

Superman for the N64, maybe.

The genessis version of Sonic is on the GBA? I loved the Sonic Advance games. Of course, those are new games.

One reason for the slowdown may be, that rather than being made for the GBA, it is an emulator, and the GBA isn't quiet powerful enough to do top notch emulation of 16 bit consoles.

I don't know this, but just a thought.

Wow, until watching those YouTube videos, I thought we were all talking about Sonic Advance 1 for GBA. I now realize after watching those videos that they tried to port the original Sonic the Hedgehog from Genesis to GBA and did a SHITTY SHITTY JOB. The graphics lag, the music is way off, and the playability has more holes than swiss cheese. You couldn't pay me enough to buy a piece of shit like that.

I've tried it. It is pretty weak; not outright terrible, but there's absolutely no reason to buy it with three perfectly good Sonic games designed especially for the Game Boy Advance. Sonic 15th is a hokey port of the first game in the series with high-pitched sound effects, annoying glitches, dithered colors (on the GBA?!), and the worst bonus round I've ever seen in a Sonic game. Let's hope the dopes who coded this game won't be around to screw up the sequel.

JR

I've tried it. It is pretty weak; not outright terrible, but there's absolutely no reason to buy it with three perfectly good Sonic games designed especially for the Game Boy Advance.

JR

Not to mention the PSP SEGA Genesis Collection with a much better version of Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 2, lots of other Genesis games, and hidden arcade ports. Sonic Rush on DS is also quite good.

I highly doubt that the problems with Sonic Genesis GBA had anything to do with the GBA hardware. It's a shoddy port plain and simple. The Sonic Advance games prove that the GBA is capable of a smooth running Sonic game.

Edited by BrianC