IGNORED

My PS3 camping story

spongebue

...Resell it? RESELL IT?!? You're crazy! :-o If I were you I'd think of that ps3 as a souvenier, more approprietly a gift. Now, would you sell a gift someone generously gave to you, just to make a buck? That would just be wrong, wouldn't it? However, if you must get rid of it, give it to your friends, family, or better yet, donate it. You would be doing the manager wrong any other way.

I hope you make the right decision.

:)

Edited by Dragnerok X

...Resell it? RESELL IT?!? You're crazy! :-o If I were you I'd think of that ps3 as a souvenier, more approprietly a gift. Now, would you sell a gift someone generously gave to you, just to make a buck? That would just be wrong, wouldn't it? However, if you must get rid of it, give it to your friends, family, or better yet, donate it. You would be doing the manager wrong any other way.

I thought the same way until he said he was in college. Being in College sucks because your always broke. If this is a way for the guy to make a few dollars to get by, then so be it. I think I get more angry at the people that are just hoarding the PS3 and are trying to turn a buisness into selling them online. I wish him the best of luck, and hope he gets some pocket cash out of this.

Well it wasn't really a gift, He had to buy it. I probably would have done the same thing, though if it was given to me I most likely would have kept it just to play Blu-Ray movies.

Anyway I'm glad I didn't camp out as planned, not only was it pouring all night, there was also a stabbing over one of these things at the local BB

A bit stinky yes but I'm glad he at least had to buy it.

I wonder if the manager would have gone through the trouble if he knew differently. All in all though the store made money off him regardless of how irritated he was while still looking "good" and wanting to help the "customer" be happier. It was a smart management decision which worked out all around. Kudos to the mgr and employees that work there.

I haven't posted in a while but I felt compelled. After reading about the absolute stupidity of people camping and the mindless violence over a friggin $600 game system I feel as an old fart playing Red Dog on my Dreamcast that my fatih in my fellow man has been shaken once again. I felt like it was Deja vu all over again with the launch of the PS2, XBOX. XBOX 360, ad nauseum. There is absolutely no reason to waste one's life over another gaming system that doesn't have enough quality launch games to justify this mindless B.S. I'm so sick of having to listen to this. Gamers have too many games on the existing systems to play let alone the retro stuff. Why the friggin rush to get this console when you already know there is no reason without the games? There is only one game out there that is worth buying for the PS3. Why are people willing to fork over 10X the retail price? I guess I'm missing something somewhere. Then again I was too busy playing Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, and the 60+ games that I bought for the Dreamcast combined for less than one PS3 console as well as working, socializing, having sex with my wife 3+ times a week and the hundreds of other stuff that seem to be more worthwhile than sitting in the cold with dozens of sociopaths and genetic mistakes that I guess I'm out of the loop. Flame away.

I haven't posted in a while but I felt compelled. After reading about the absolute stupidity of people camping and the mindless violence over a friggin $600 game system I feel as an old fart playing Red Dog on my Dreamcast that my fatih in my fellow man has been shaken once again. I felt like it was Deja vu all over again with the launch of the PS2, XBOX. XBOX 360, ad nauseum. There is absolutely no reason to waste one's life over another gaming system that doesn't have enough quality launch games to justify this mindless B.S. I'm so sick of having to listen to this. Gamers have too many games on the existing systems to play let alone the retro stuff. Why the friggin rush to get this console when you already know there is no reason without the games? There is only one game out there that is worth buying for the PS3. Why are people willing to fork over 10X the retail price? I guess I'm missing something somewhere. Then again I was too busy playing Crazy Taxi, Virtua Tennis, and the 60+ games that I bought for the Dreamcast combined for less than one PS3 console as well as working, socializing, having sex with my wife 3+ times a week and the hundreds of other stuff that seem to be more worthwhile than sitting in the cold with dozens of sociopaths and genetic mistakes that I guess I'm out of the loop. Flame away.

no flame needed....you are exactly right my friend....we have enough games now. and with 700 dollas, i would have more important things to do....like shower my fiancee in gifts, pay some debts etc. thats why i stay with the classics :cool: