IGNORED

In other news...

Gabriel

Defender was released on XBox Live Arcade the other day. Once again, I'm tempted to buy a game I already have. I've become another sucker in regards to Live Arcade, so I'll probably get the full version, even though I think they could have done better with the remixed graphics.

Final Fantasy III for the DS hit stores. Ironic not a single soul is talking about it. Normally no one will shut up about DS games. (I ordered mine online and am waiting for it to reach my mailbox.)

On a more personal note, I decided I'm in love with credit card debt and bought a 37" LCD HDTV. Let me state my official change of position that XBox 360 games now look VASTLY better than games of the current generation, and that HDTV will make a huge difference in the upcoming generation of hardware. Seriously, if you're still playing on a regular set, you might as well be playing on a 13" black and white set. That's how much of a difference HD makes.

But it's a gold turd!

Seriously though, if they were going to offer Defender, they should have thrown in Stargate as a bonus. That's what Atari is doing with all their upcoming Xbox Live Arcade games.

While we're on the subject of the Xbox 360, how do original Xbox games look on that gigantic 36" HD display?

JR

Seriously though, if they were going to offer Defender, they should have thrown in Stargate as a bonus.

I don't disagree with you at all on that point.

While we're on the subject of the Xbox 360, how do original Xbox games look on that gigantic 36" HD display?

That's a two part question.

XBox games playing on the 360... I don't know. I'll check DOA3 later.

As for XBox games playing on the XBox, I have that going into the S-Video of the new TV. So, I suppose there is no real difference, but it does certainly look sharper and nicer overall.

As for XBox games playing on the XBox, I have that going into the S-Video of the new TV. So, I suppose there is no real difference, but it does certainly look sharper and nicer overall.

SINNER!

I still need to mod my breakout box to output RGB instead of component. So I guess I'm not one to talk, since I'm on s-video too.

Getting back to your question, DOA3 upscales to what the TV is telling me is 720p. It looks quite a bit improved. It definitely made me wish Microsoft were actually serious about making titles backwards compatible.

After watching something in HD, going back to regular 480i is like watching a blurry screen with bad color bleed.

I also borrowed a double male end VGA cable from work, hooked my computer up to the TV and got to view that at 1080i/85. Text was a bit hard on the eyes. White was absolutely blinding. But playing City of Heroes on my TV instead of my 19" computer monitor was very tempting.