IGNORED

Interesting Option LOL

diceman

Looks like the guy is either using someone else's picture, or is selling a monitor that was sold on Sold.com.au (powered by Yahoo!) back in September. I was able to find a larger image of this same exact monitor here:

Commodore Monitor

Here is the auction description,

14 in Commodore Colour Monitor 1084 (similar but not identical to the one in the picture) with built in speaker CGA and A-V inputs - working well - - suitable also for use with Nintendo and Playstation games consoles. - - PLEASE NOTE DELIVERY CONDITIONS: - - Pick-up by buyer or by courier organised and paid by buyer. Please note: I can not organise the courier for buyers outside Sydney : buyer is to organise everything for pick-up. - - - If item is to be packed a packing charge of $ 15.-is to be added to the bid price. - - I can send by Australia Post, cost of postage only will be COD (only slightly more expensive that registered mail). - - - Payment for the item and packing charges to be received before goods are despatched. Accept direct deposit

Oh, wait, the eBay auction states, "Photo is not actual but similar model". Well, in that case, who knows what he is selling! Gotta' love detailed auction descriptions.

..Al

Well, I remember the Commie Monitor, a different model though, and it was the best thing we ever had. In fact, the colors were so vibrant that we used to hook up our tv to it and watch it on the monitor instead. Commodore 64 was the best computer ever. No crappy drivers, and video cards, and sound cards, and memory, etc etc. No hassles, no errors. Everything was simple. HOORAY FOR THE COMMIE!

Phil

I agree with Philflound, the C-64 was and still is a great piece of work. Still got the same one that I got from my mom in ´84 or something. Only had to change the SID once, that´s it! Mmmm....what a sweet loaf of bread it is.

/Bez

Very True, Nothing wrong with the C64, Still remember playing it back in the day. Amazing how many are being thrown out as garbage here in Australia, Like I got a C64 with heaps of extras, an Amiga 500 & 2000 all for AU$10 yesterday..... now that was a bargain.

Thanks to all that have replied to my first post here, as I am new to posting and find it quite interesting with the replies.

Regards, Derek.

PS : I own about 12 C64's, 2 Vic20's and plenty of Amiga's I will have them all working and playing very soon

About 3 years ago, I just happened to find a brand new C64 boxed, 1641 disk drive boxed, Okidata printer boxed, and a loose tape drive, along with a couple dozen diskettes. All this for the low low price of $20.00. I still have most of my original disks from my teen years, and also have some of my friend's. In fact, when I first opened up my now defunct store in 1993, we actually hooked the commie up and played when we had downtime.

Still to this day, my two favorite games for the system was Adventure Construction Set by EA and Impossible Mission by Epyx. I can't tell you how many times I finished IM. The only thing that was always a problem was load time. Thank you Fast Load cart. Also, you needed to keep a fan on the power supply to keep it from burning out. Those ran $60 a piece back in the day, and now I don't think you can even get one.

Phil

• 4 weeks later...

C64 kicks royal butt!This may sound familiar to you, but in my house SOMEWHERE are 17 c64's.I can only find 6!!I counted them a couple of years ago,and cannot find them for the life of me.Someone broke in and robbed me of just my extra c64's!I found a trash bag full of c64's in front of a computer store,lol,that helped me get so many.(also an apple 2e,Ibm pc jr,and 1571 drive)one c64 has a switch on the side,and will boot up a Mattel Rom,if you have the switch one way,c64 basic the other way.The video in this c64 is gone,after a few seconds the screen goes blue.For fun,when I get a chance,Ill have to plug the rom into a good c64 to see what the heck it is for.