IGNORED

Wii camping

No system should be released until they can guarantee the store will have at least 1,500 consoles. Both Nintendo and Sony ahould have waited until March/April to release them.

Thanks a fucking lot Sony and Nintendo...

1500? No store would ever stock that many of any product, and if customers knew that many were going to be available, no one would be camping out in a craze to get one the minute the store opens on release day.

One of the Toys 'R' Us stores in NYC got 5,000 of them. :)

..Al

I was at WalMart this morning at 3:50am and was #6 in line, only people ahead of me arrived at 10pm and 2am. My Walmart got 37 consoles and the line up had them sold out by 6am. But I got mine though so yahoo!! $45 for the extra controller was pretty steep and another $24 for the extra nunchuck but I bought them too. And I grabed Mavel Alliance also. Grand total of $468 CDN and worth every cent. I got mine and the City is sold out now till after Xmas so I think the long night was worth it.

Ugh, they're charging $45 for an extra controller and $24 for a Nunchuck? Geesh, it's disgusting to see how expensive accessories are for these new systems (starting with the highway robbery of 360 accessories).

..Al

I was at WalMart this morning at 3:50am and was #6 in line, only people ahead of me arrived at 10pm and 2am. My Walmart got 37 consoles and the line up had them sold out by 6am. But I got mine though so yahoo!! $45 for the extra controller was pretty steep and another $24 for the extra nunchuck but I bought them too. And I grabed Mavel Alliance also. Grand total of $468 CDN and worth every cent. I got mine and the City is sold out now till after Xmas so I think the long night was worth it.

Ugh, they're charging $45 for an extra controller and $24 for a Nunchuck? Geesh, it's disgusting to see how expensive accessories are for these new systems (starting with the highway robbery of 360 accessories).

..Al

Note that those are Canadian prices. :)

..Al

Note that those are Canadian prices. :)

I just looked at BestBuy.com and it's $40 for the "Wii Remote" and another $20 for the Nunchuck. So, $60 for a "complete" controller. Still way overpriced.

..Al

No system should be released until they can guarantee the store will have at least 1,500 consoles. Both Nintendo and Sony ahould have waited until March/April to release them.

1500? No store would ever stock that many of any product, and if customers knew that many were going to be available, no one would be camping out in a craze to get one the minute the store opens on release day.

It's an interesting twist on supply and demand. I'm firmly convinced that the only reason there's anywhere near as much demand as there is, is because people know the supply is going to be so limited. (I'm sure 90% of the people in line to get them are doing so either to sell them on eBay or to gain "status" by being the first person on their block to get it.)

I suspect the main limit to supply for Nintendo is the sheer logistics of shipping those damn things to every big box store in the country. They've been making them since August, so they should have plenty of them by now.

100+ units is actually quite a LOT of units for a store to carry. With big-ticket items, stores regularly only carry between a half-dozen to a few dozen. So the numbers for stock are actually exceptionally good. (Save for in Austin where they're apparently just "normal". How odd.) I think part of the problem here is the follow on demand from the PS3. With such incredible stories of small supply vs. respectively high demand, a lot of people are worried if they're going to get their Wii. So everyone has rushed to the store to grab one.

The result is that the stores are instantly stripped of their stock rather than holding out long enough for the next shipment to arrive. :(

On the bright side, there are about another 3 million Wiis destined for the market, with about 2 million or so of those going to the U.S.! :cool:

Man, after hearing some of these stories I am really glad that I preordered. Seems there are no Wii's left in OKC. My brother has been looking for one and has had no luck.

I will say this. The Wii is a pretty cool system. The controller took a little getting used to, but it now feels really natural. Wii Sports is simple, but fun. My wife loves it. I can't wait until Thanksgiving when the whole family will be here to give it a try. My goal is to get my grandmother to play :)

The price on the extra controller is a little rediculous. I could see $35-$40 for a complete wiimote/nunchuck setup, but the $60 I had to pay is pretty steep. It's more expensive than an extra 360 wireless controller.

Keep looking for a Wii guys! It's worth the $$$ :cool:

It's an interesting twist on supply and demand. I'm firmly convinced that the only reason there's anywhere near as much demand as there is, is because people know the supply is going to be so limited. (I'm sure 90% of the people in line to get them are doing so either to sell them on eBay or to gain "status" by being the first person on their block to get it.)

That's the whole point. No one should have to pre-order, camp-out or stand in line in the freezing cold only to be turned down. As far as I'm concerned. Both system will not be officially released until May. That's when they will be readily-available in stores.

Came close to getting one, twice. Got in line at 11pm at the local 24 hour Wal-mart. Was 26 in line and they had 20. They said there were another 9 due at the store in a couple of days and took name\phone # for the next 9 in line. I'm on that list, so we'll see.

Tried Target this morning, same result. Was 42 in line and they had 39 consoles. Ahh well.

I did pick up a few games last nite including Zelda so ready to play as soon as a console pops up (;

Edited by bones

Its nice to know that I was able to get a preorder... and to think i just got done telling my roomates not to worry about finding one, i figured with so many systems there would be plenty on the shelves... oh well, i guess theyll have to drool over my shoulder as i play zelda (i swear to god, ive never met 2 bigger zelda nuts in my life.. i mean i think its good, but ive never finished one on my own before... not a big priority to me).

only thing that i dont like is knowing ill have a system at home wrapped for christmas starting today and not being able to play it for another month... ah life is cruel, but at least i know i have one.

I got my Wii! :)

On my way out for bagels this morning, I stopped into K-mart at about 8:05am. And they had 3. I got the third.

Now the Best Buy on the other hand, there was a long line of about 50 or so people, but I heard they still had tickets for people who would show up.. so I guess everyone there got one. The only problem with them is they opened at 9:00 and had people camping there overnight. I wasnt about to stand around for 45 minutes but thankfully I didnt have to.. Man it took me 5 minutes of work to find a Wii :lol:

On my way out for bagels this morning, I stopped into K-mart at about 8:05am. And they had 3. I got the third.

Now the Best Buy on the other hand, there was a long line of about 50 or so people, but I heard they still had tickets for people who would show up.. so I guess everyone there got one. The only problem with them is they opened at 9:00 and had people camping there overnight. I wasnt about to stand around for 45 minutes but thankfully I didnt have to.. Man it took me 5 minutes of work to find a Wii :lol:

congrats man, your one of a few lucky few.. you remind me of the guy who came at 9:30 to get a preorder when the store opened up at 10 and was the last one to get one, while we all waited in the cold freezing since 3 am :lol: you better tell us how you like it.. i want some user reviews here people!

Wii SPorts is much better than I thought. Anyone introduce the Wii to non gaming family/friends?

My parents had a ball with Wiisports (no pun intended)

Wii sports is the first game my mom has been excited about on a console since Duck Hunt and arguably Donkey Konga. I gues she likes to do the physical action instead of guessing what buttons do... she still till this day cant master a d pad and 2 buttons on an NES.

I find it interesting that she wants a DS though to play Brain Age. Got her one for Christmas.

Got my Wii at 12:20 this morning! My friend and I went to WalMart at 11:00am Saturday morning, they were doing a chair system, have a chair, you have a Wii. We had chairs 10 and 11, out of 20. We both stayed till 2:00pm. At 2:00pm I left and came back at 5:00pm he then left and came back at 8:00pm.

At 11:30pm managers came and got us, and we were able to get the games/controllers we wanted. They only had 15 copies of Zelda, but seeing I am not a huge Zelda fan I passed on it. I got Excite Truck. Wasn't able to get and extra controllers because they people before me took them, but that was okay too, I can wait a week to get another.

Still don't have the controller down on the Wii menu 100% yet, but have gotten it down in the games. Sweet system!

Might head to Gamestop tonight or tomorrow and get the USB Wireless adaptor to get online.

Might head to Gamestop tonight or tomorrow and get the USB Wireless adaptor to get online.

At this point, unless you want one of the few Virtual Console games that are available, there really isn't any good reason to get on line at this point. None of the online channels work yet (Weather, News, Browser).

congrats man, your one of a few lucky few.. you remind me of the guy who came at 9:30 to get a preorder when the store opened up at 10 and was the last one to get one, while we all waited in the cold freezing since 3 am :lol: you better tell us how you like it.. i want some user reviews here people!

Haven't tried it yet.. I'm in zero rush. I might hook it up tonight, or maybe not :P

Haven't tried it yet.. I'm in zero rush. I might hook it up tonight, or maybe not :P

Don't make me go over to your house with a sledgehammer and a video camera!

..Al

At this point, unless you want one of the few Virtual Console games that are available, there really isn't any good reason to get on line at this point. None of the online channels work yet (Weather, News, Browser).

Really? When are they to go online?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up! :)