IGNORED

Bad Ebay

Philflound

Is it me, or has Ebay just sucked lately with its site? I've been having a lot of problems logging on. When I upload with Mr Lister, sometimes I need to do it more than once. Also when I upload, it actually will stop uploading unless I keep an active refresh on with my browser. So is it just me or is anyone else having these or other problems? I was also having problems trying to put an item on directly on the site. It wouldn't upload my picture and just hung up on the first sell screen.

Phil

[ 06-08-2002: Message edited by: Philflound ]

I haven't log into eBay in so long that I can't tell if they are going downhill... but I did notice the other day that the page "wanted" it's no more, was a cool page, u could put the description of what u were wanting and post it... but like I said, I haven't done anything on eBay for a while now

Just my two cents

Osbo

Music to my ears! The ship is sinking! Let's face it, she had way too many holes in her to stay afloat. Maybe somebody will build a better ship in the future, but for now lets hope this sucker is headed for Davey Jone's Locker!!!

quote:

Originally posted by StanJr:

Music to my ears! The ship is sinking! Let's face it, she had way too many holes in her to stay afloat. Maybe somebody will build a better ship in the future, but for now lets hope this sucker is headed for Davey Jone's Locker!!!

I haven't had any of the problems you mentioned Phil. Except for the late email, the problems your having sound like browser setting issues.

I did have a problem when I recently upgraded Mister Lister though...

It seems that when I edited an existing collection, the "highlight auction" button got selected... FOR ALL 33 ITEMS.

I uploaded that sucker 3 times (without noticing the error) and kept retrying the commit option to see if the fees would change... it was showing a $180+ fee.. but I figured it was a display error (DUH!) So i finally got frustrated with it and just committed the collection and checked my account....

That's when I saw that I had just listed 33 items with a $5.00 highlighting on each item...

I emailed the Mister Lister customer support immediately and received a response within minutes. (This was at 12:30am EST!) I was advised to cancel the auctions manually and send a list of the cancelled listings to the "credit" department who would then consider reimbursing me for the listings.

12 hours later, a BEAUTIFUL $180+ credit appeared on my account.

In the last 4.5 years that I have been using eBay, I have always found that the service from eBay itself has been excellent. There used to be down-times during peak hours and outages, but that was all part of the growing process and I have not experienced any problems (that were not resolved quickly) with eBay administration. The fees are another story...

The users are generally where the problems lie and are the primary reason for any negative image eBay may have. I was recently ripped off by a user from Israel for over $150 in DVDs... but I've just adjusted my policies and moved on...

Yes, the last 2 days ebay has been having issues. I just wish they would update the status page a little more often. I couldn't upload my mister lister auctions last night (30 of them anyways, the other 50 went up fne) and now I have to wait another 4-5 days to list Gremlins

Stan, we all know you don't like ebay, why come to the ebay forum?