IGNORED

Wii Stalls When Loading Rayman!

bretthorror

I popped in Rayman and played it for 45 minutes and it worked fine. I took the CD out and left the room, came back an hour later and put the disc back in, it loads to the "Start" screen and when I hit start, the music plays and then the system stalls and I have to unplug it and plug it back in to have it start working (but this particular game still won't work, it'll just repeat what is stated above). What's going on here, anyone else have this problem? Do you think it's the game or the system? 4 of my other games start up fine, I've not tried Red Steel yet.

Edited by bretthorror

You say this is only happening with Rayman so far? The rest of your games work and play properly then?

I say you turn the Wii on with out a disc, and try deleting the Rayman save file, if there is one in the Wii main memory. If you have an SD card and your Wii was updated, make a copy of the file to that first just in case.

You say this is only happening with Rayman so far? The rest of your games work and play properly then?

I say you turn the Wii on with out a disc, and try deleting the Rayman save file, if there is one in the Wii main memory. If you have an SD card and your Wii was updated, make a copy of the file to that first just in case.

I don't have an SD card nor did I update (can't connect and wrecked my wireless connection trying to). I went to the official Rayman site and this appears to be a problem.

What would be the problem with the save file?

I went to the official Ubi site and there appears to be some problems. Some people said the same thing happened to them. A guy said he turned his Wii on its side and it worked fine, so I did the same and it worked. Then I turned it back on its side and once again it worked. Really unsure what to do now, thinking of just contacting Ubi.

The reason I mentioned the save file as being the problem, was because you stated it gets to the title screen and then when you try and start the actual game that is when it was freeze up on you.

Right around the point you press start is likely when the Wii scans for save files to load up. This seems to be the pattern for both Zelda and Trauma Center at least.

But if turning the Wii on its side helps to make the game load, then that tells me there is likely a problem with Rayman discs themselves. Something where the data isn't written as strong as it should be and so when reading the disc in the vertical position, it has trouble reading the data.

I don't like to hear this kind of stuff. Afterall, I still have games I have to turn my Dreamcast on its side to get to load properly, like Daytona and even PSO I used to have to do this with. Hopefully this is a problem with the discs themselves and not an idication of an issue with the Wii regarding Rayman.