IGNORED

Wii Sports DVD cover

Lord Helmet

I wonder if Nintendo will stop the plastic cases for the Wii next year? There was talk that the plastic shortage in Japan is causing Nintendo to ship DS games in cardboard packages sometime next year.

I really like the White cases and would hate to see them go the cardboard route.

Mind you, I could have been reading a really old April Fools joke or something. This was about a month or so ago when I read it.

I am using a white DVD case and printing it now. Hopefully it prints nicer than the last thing I tried. Got the white DVD case from my Mighty Ducks box set.

EDIT: Doesn't print out wide enough to cover the whole DVD case. Is it just me? Still beats the cardboard sleeve.

EDIT 2: I'm retarded. If I had photo paper, it'd be perfect. Awesome.

Edited by bretthorror

Well..if you wanted to make sure it fit in the case correctly, I would have actually measured either another Wii case insert or really any DVD case insert and then used imaging software..like Photoshop or something to resize the pic to the same dimensions.

I am using a white DVD case and printing it now. Hopefully it prints nicer than the last thing I tried. Got the white DVD case from my Mighty Ducks box set.

EDIT: Doesn't print out wide enough to cover the whole DVD case. Is it just me? Still beats the cardboard sleeve.

EDIT 2: I'm retarded. If I had photo paper, it'd be perfect. Awesome.

Yeah, you need photo paper, and you have to print in "boarderless mode"

Mine turned out perfect :)

The Wii uses a standard Amaray DVD case, with "Wii" stamped on the inside. You can get standard, white cases from places like sleevetown for extremely cheap prices.

When printing the insert, you may need larger paper than a standard U.S. Letter sheet. It depends on your printer and how close to the edge it can print. I know a lot of people print them on legal sized paper, so you can use that if you have it. As Lord Helmet mentioned, you should print without resizing or borders. Using a paint program for printing is the best way to make sure that the image doesn't get resized while printing. (I've used GIMP, but it's a bit more painful than Photoshop.) If the DPI is set incorrectly in the image, recalculate the correct DPI before printing. You can find the specs for the size of the sheet in this PDF. Overall, it should be 7 3/16" by 10 3/4".

If you decide you want to make your own DVD Inserts, here are a few sites that provide Photoshop templates:

http://www.customflix.com/Support/Templates.jsp

http://duplication.mimeo.com/action/DownloadsView

If you don't have Photoshop, GIMP will work just as well. You can download GIMP for Windows for free from here:

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/

For Mac OS X:

http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/

For Linux, check your install CD or package repository for the GIMP packages.

Thanks for this thread and the links to the cover. I just wanted to add that while it may be too much for some, I ordered a single Official Nintendo Wii white case from their website. Grand total after S&H was $3.50.

If you have anything else to order in the future from Nintendo, one of these official cases would be great to throw on the order for your Wii Sports, I didn't need anything else and don't mind the $3.50 to have an official case for it.

Nintendo Store

Edited by SpendTooMuchOnAtari

That link generates an impressive amount of gobbledygook.

Generic Application Error

Error Type Error Message Key Message Originating Command

_ERR_CMD_INVALID_PARAM

User CMN0207E The value of the parameter "langId" is not correct.

System

ProductDi

There's something not quite right about his link. It's probably linked to a user session, so won't be able to see it. Just follow these steps instead:

1. Go to http://store.nintendo.com/

2. Click on "Parts, Accessories & Manuals"

3. Click on "Wii"

4. Click on "Parts & Accessories"

5. Click on "Wii Game Disc Case(s)" near the bottom.

There is no image of the actual cases, but it sounds like it's just the barebone, Wii-stamped, Amaray cases. You'll still need to provide your own insert, but it will look a bit more Wii-ish when you open the case. :)

Generic Application Error

Error Type Error Message Key Message Originating Command

_ERR_CMD_INVALID_PARAM

User CMN0207E The value of the parameter "langId" is not correct.

System

ProductDi

Sorry about that, my intentions were good. I just saw the official Wii cases on the Nintendo store and attempted to link to it. I don't know exactly why it didn't work out but jbanes has pointed the way in his post above. Thanks! :)