IGNORED

Bonk and Bomberman '93 Now Available

BydoEmpire

When did they add TG-16? Cause as of about 4:30pm Central when I last logged into the Wii Shopping Channel and looked in the VC. I still only had the same initial launch VC games available. I will try and check again later tonight.

My question is this: how will five players be supported? I only ask because the TG-16 versions of BomberMan (as well as the SNES versions) could have up to five players at once.

The fifth is supported by using the regular GC controller.

can you save your progress in BONK???

No, unfortunately not. At least, I didn't see any way to save. Kind of disappointing, but it's still fun to have Bonk ready to play right from the Wii menu at all times.

I think it autosaves for you. Sort of like a check point continue. Play for a bit, then go back to the Wii menu. When you come back to Bonk it should start you off where you left. I beleive this is how F Zero works too

can you save your progress in BONK???

No, unfortunately not. At least, I didn't see any way to save. Kind of disappointing, but it's still fun to have Bonk ready to play right from the Wii menu at all times.

I think it autosaves for you. Sort of like a check point continue. Play for a bit, then go back to the Wii menu. When you come back to Bonk it should start you off where you left. I beleive this is how F Zero works too

Yep, thats exactly how it works. Once you go back and exit again, it will create a new save point, overwriting the first (You don't get the option of multiple save states in other words, just the last one).

Right...but since they are save states...

that would mean if you play a game and get so far...and then run out of continue options...then exit the game. The save point will basically just start you right back at the title screen as if you had just played it for the first time.

So...you have to treat it like a save state. Meaning that if you get so far and have plenty of lives and continues that you feel good about it. Then you should exit the game to create that save state point. Then come back and load it up again...While this works..it is a PITA and would have been much better with actual save state points where you could have like maybe 3 saves states per game.

Yep, thats exactly how it works. Once you go back and exit again, it will create a new save point, overwriting the first (You don't get the option of multiple save states in other words, just the last one).
Wow, that's great. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info!

that´s pretty nice, i´d love to play through Bonk, and now it´s doable for me!

• 2 weeks later...

So...you have to treat it like a save state. Meaning that if you get so far and have plenty of lives and continues that you feel good about it. Then you should exit the game to create that save state point. Then come back and load it up again...While this works..it is a PITA and would have been much better with actual save state points where you could have like maybe 3 saves states per game.

My save on Bonk got sort of messed up the other day and I was just Pissed.

I had always exited the game from the title screen and just selected Continue from that point each time I played. Anyway, I had made it to World 4 which is a little tougher than it sounds, but when I went to play the other night, the Remote lost responsiveness for some reason and I couldn't do anything - as in couldn't go back to the Wii menu, to quit out or really do anything at all.

Only recourse was to reset the system, and it fried my save.

Luckily Bomberman 93 shouldn't have this issue since it actually has save slots you can use that were built into the original game, plus passwords just in case

I believe it uses the X/Y buttons for turbo, A/B for regular. On the Wiimote, the B button (trigger) is a turbo version of the 1 button. Which kind of screwed me up for a while, as my trigger finger kept hitting it accidentally and I couldn't figure out why Bonk kept bonking as I moved to the right. ^_^