IGNORED

HSC Season 4 Week 31: Venture

Ze_ro

Important Note: This week's contest is over and no further scores will be accepted.

It's a treasure hunt! Winky has found his way into the forgotten catacombs, filled with riches the likes of which he has never seen! The rooms are filled with all manner of hungry beasts just waiting to gobble Winky up, but he's come prepared, with his trusty bow and arrow! Will Winky be set for life, or become a permanent resident of the catacombs? Only YOU can decide!

Game Information

• Game Name: Venture
  • Released By: Coleco, 1982
  • Left Difficulty: B / Novice
  • Right Difficulty: B / Novice
  • Game Mode: Game 1
  • Chosen By: gamme

Post your scores right here in this thread, and I will add them to the list. Remember to play the game with the recommended game mode and difficulty settings as shown above so that your scores will be consistent with everyone elses. The deadline for posting scores is Thursday, November 30th at 1:30 AM (CST).

If you want to suggest a game for future weeks, please send me a private message and let me know! I will add your game to the list. One one game per person will be kept on the list, so you will not be able to suggest a game until your first game is played!

Anyone can play! Just post a score and I'll add you to the list! Please read the Rules & Information if you haven't already done so!

Current High Scores

1. 31,600 (Rom Hunter) [+11]
  2. 25,100 (rheffera) [+10]
  3. 20,500 (SpiceWare) [+9]
  4. 19,100 (Goochman) [+8]
  5. 17,900 (JacobZu7zu7) [+7]
  6. 14,600 (Recycled) [+6]
  7. 12,400 (Deteacher) [+5]
  8. 10,900 (scogey) [+4]
  9. 6800 (vdub_bobby) [+3]
  10. 4700 (atari2600land) [+2]
  11. 3800 (LarcenTyler) [+1]

Best Tips

• Deteacher [+2]

Bounties and Challenges

• Do My Work For Me! - Come up with a good breakdown of the scoring for this game and get 2 bonus points!
    • Deteacher [+2]

TwinGalaxies Top 3

(Game 1, Difficulty B)
  1. 913,200 (Todd Rogers)
  2. 430,300 (Ron Corcoran)
  3. 38,900 (Robert T Mruczek)

Current Standings

1. Coming Soon
Scoring Points in Venture
  • You do not receive any points for killing monsters unless you pick up the treasure first.
  • On the first level, each treasure is worth 200 points, and each monster is worth 100 points.
  • For every level after the first, the value of the treasure increases by 200 points, and the value of each monster increases by 100 points. Treasure = 200 * level, Monsters = 100 * level. So for example, on level 5, each treasure is worth 1,000 points, and each monster is worth 500 points.
  • At level 9, scoring maxes out at 1,800 per treasure & 900 per monster. Every level after this uses the same values.

Hints and Tips

As always, you really should read the manual. In case you don't have the manual, AtariAge supposedly has a typed copy available online. Unfortunately, the link doesn't seem to work.
Use a master sytem controller with it youll find it more responsive and hence you may do better with it with this game.
I guess my best tip is to not worry about getting points for the monsters on the higher levels. I ended up besting my own high by concentrating on getting the treasures only. Seems to work for me, although my score isn't much to crow about.

--Ze_ro

Feel free to beat my score.

I'm not gonna waste more time on this piece of crap.

It has a glitch too:

Hats off for Todd Rogers.

8)

HEHE, My first try.. my first score 12,500 and I beat ya, ! :D

I feel good because Rom is really good at all games.

I rarely play this game Venture,

but I knew about this one, long time ago.

post-3059-1164366370_thumb.jpg

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

The deadline for posting scores is Thursday, November 23rd at 1:30 AM (CST).

That cant be right...?

Anyhoo, finally a game I have to play. I broke a mill on ColecoVision Venture last week, ready to have a go on VCS Venture! :D

Edited by RJ

Ok, scoring is what you want...scoring is what you get:

First of all, you don't get points for killing monsters unless you pick up the treasure first. Scoring is as follows:

Level 1:

Treasure: 200

Monsters: 100

Level 2:

Treasure: 400

Monsters: 200

Level 3:

Treasure: 600

Monsters: 300

Level 4:

Treasure: 800

Monsters: 400