IGNORED

Genesis/Turbo Duo Emulators

NinjaWarrior

I've been looking into getting a flash card for the GBA/DS for a while now too... There are actually a ton of different ones out there, so I'd recommend you check out the review section at gbatemp (you have to register on their forums to read the reviews) for the low-down on them.

Avoid anything with "Lite" in the name, as just about all of those are meant to be used in DS Lite's, and wouldn't work in a GBA. A lot of the newer flash cards also do away with GBA support, as they're primarily meant for the DS, so make sure you check what features a card has before you buy it. If you're looking to do TurboDuo emulation, you'll probably want either a very large card, or something that uses external cards (Compact Flash or SD cards that is). Also be aware that most of the cards with internal memory are listed in BITS not BYTES, so a "4GB" card actually only has 512 megabytes of memory on it. I've also read that for the purposes of homebrew (and emulation, I would imagine), you're better off getting something that uses Compact Flash rather than SD cards, as the file system drivers have better support for CF (I'm still not entirely clear on this myself, just relaying what I've read).

I'm leaning towards getting an M3 Perfect miniSD myself.

--Zero

Not sure how this site is still up after all these years, but it has all the kinds of flash carts available for the GBA:

http://www.gameboy-advance.net/

There's a pretty steep learning curve to get emulators onto flash carts, so no one is going to write you a 10-page instruction manual. Do a lot of searching, read the right forums, and just try different ways of getting it to work.

• 1 month later...