IGNORED

The Wii's USB Ports...

-^CrossBow^-

I thought the homebrew channel was something you downloaded from nintendo. looked there a couple months ago..wish there were people around to set this stuff up. i do have the latest ver. of wii updated. Nintendo never made that many channels really. i use the netflix channel the most.

Nintendo never made that many channels really.

It seems about once per generation, Nintendo has an idea that's absolutely genius, and they do nothing with it. For the Wii, it was the "Channels" concept: open the Wii to new and different features, and let the user decide which ones to install, and customize their Wii to fit their use. Sadly, the "Channels" list ends up being nothing more than empty space, or a list of VC games you've bought.

I thought the homebrew channel was something you downloaded from nintendo. looked there a couple months ago..wish there were people around to set this stuff up. i do have the latest ver. of wii updated. Nintendo never made that many channels really. i use the netflix channel the most.

quite the opposite Nintendo up until 4.3 since they seemed to have stopped updating the Wii always tried to find ways to

stop from installing The Homebrew Channel or when updated removes it (but not the files on the SD card in most cases)

After some exploits were blocked I used this http://www.wiibrew.org/wiki/Indiana_Pwns to reinstall and has been great ever since

Grabbed a powered USB hub that I am using on my Wii to expaand to 4 ports. Its powered by USB, so there are 2 cables that take up both USB slots on the Wii--1 for data and one for power--but provides 4 ports for use, and I don't need to use any power outlets.

We run the Skylanders dongle, Wii Speak (not that it gets any use), the Logitech Keyboard, and a Logitech Microphone for singinig games that rarely gets swapped for a Headbanger Headset when I play Conduit 2--I prefer to go headset-less though, so I don't have to deal with the douche bags.

Shipping is typically slow from DealExtreme (its from China), but it does what I needed and the price was right. If interested, here is a link:

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/spider-style-usb-4-port-hub-49002