IGNORED

New topics gone by one click?

MattyXB

:cry:

I find it very bad. I want to see all new topics in more forums. But If I click on one topic and open it in a new window, all other new topics gone.

Is there a way to see them longer? Maybe so long if you leave the Board complete, or if you close the window?

On the last Board it was better, you have see the new post longer. Sometimes you must close the windows 2 times, or close them for a longer time, and then they were gone. And this was much better, because you have see it good what is new and what not.

PS and when I click on new post since my last visit, I get only 1.

If I search older post, and click on the second site he telle me alway there is nothing. But first he say that there are more sites.

I am not seeing this behavior. I've been clicking on new topics all day opening them (either in the same window or a new window) and then I go back to the previous page and I can still see the topics I haven't yet read. Can you tell me what web browser you are using and describe the exact steps you're taking to make this happen?

Thanks,

..Al

I use Internet Explorer 5.0. And I see more new topics in the first page.

For example in Atari 2600 and Atari 5200.

Then I press Shift and click on Atari 2600. It open in a new window, and I see no new post. All gone.

Last time I have click View posts since last visit (2). But after I click there was only 1. And the same as there was only (1) new post. After click I have see no new post.

Now there are alway gone when I click on the View post since last visit. Last Time there was (5), but as I click noone was there.

It's all to fast gone. One click, one refresh. I can see no new post when I go to a special forum.

Cookies are activated everywhere by me. Maybe I must delete them and see what happen then.

No, by me all is gone everytime. What do I wrong? I see first orange symbols (new topics or replys). But if I click on the forum, they gone.

:( :( :(

Someone else has this probleme? :?:

Cookies are activated everywhere by me. Maybe I must delete them and see what happen then.

You can try that, but I don't think that's the problem. Can you try a different web browser (say, Opera or Mozilla) to see if the same thing happens with one of them? Actually, I see something strange that may be causing some problems with you, I'll send you a private message.

..Al

• 8 months later...

Has something change since the last days? It doesn't work anymore without Proxy. :sad:

When I use no Proxy for AtariAge, the site will not load. And when I use Proxy, I can't see the new post in topics. :?

I have try it now with: ;*.atariage.com/forums; in the Proxy but this will not work. Can't see new post with this. But AtariAge will work with this.

Has here something change? Or has something change with my Proxy?

Now I must see again the dates and times by new post, I hate this a bit. Its not so much fun like to see the new post by one click. :sad:

I can confirm some of that.

Whenever I browse the forums at my job (with proxy) the topic marks "unread" disappear.

I normally start with directly opening the 2600 Forum, where I can see the unread topics. But when I then go to the Forum Index all forums (except those where a post happened after I started browsing the 2600 Forum) are marked read and the number of unread posts is always close to 0.

This does not happen when I browse at home (same browser Opera 6.05 and configuration but no proxy).

This does not happen when I browse at home (same browser Opera 6.05 and configuration but no proxy).

Iis only happen, on my computer behind a network, where I need a proxy now for AtariAge. When I use no Proxy, AtariAge will not work anymore. :sad:

And with Proxy, the forums not work correct, with the new topics.

So now I must see it by dates and time, what is new.

On the other computer, wich is direct in the internet it work great. So it makes only problems with the networks. :(

And its only since some days, before this I can browse here without proxy for this site, and this has work great. But since yesterday, or some days before the site was not working anymore without Proxy. so I must delete it, and can now browse only without the new posts.

But it work, so its better then nothing.

Maybe it has only something to do with the proxy. Don't know, if something can change here from AtariAge, so I must life with this little error.