IGNORED

Questions about the 360 controllers?

Video

Well, I notice taht the 360 controller has a typical USB plug on it. My questions would have to do with that.

Can I get a controller, and use it on my PC to play games on there (obviously, the game would have to support game pads of some sort) And if so, will I have to download some software somewhere? Or is it got a disc? What I want to do, is use it to play Halo with, and if I remember right, you could make an adaptor to play Halo with the standard X-Box controller. I just didn't know if you could do it with this or not.

Another thing, can I use a modded X-Box controller on the 360? It's still a USB controller after all, just with a funny plug you have to change. Will it work with the 360, or will something prevent that?

And the last thing, Can I use a Wireless controller on the PC? I didn't notice if the thing had an eye in the controller port, or if that is built into the system, if it's built in, rather than a plug in, probably not then, right?

Yeah, thanks for any help, I just wanted to know cause I don't have a 360, but I liked the controller OK, and think it would be a cool PC controller over my ASCI Axis pad (which is just a PS2 pad, with a little thicker handle)

Can I get a controller, and use it on my PC to play games on there (obviously, the game would have to support game pads of some sort) And if so, will I have to download some software somewhere?

Yes, you can get a wired controller and download the drivers from MS or the independent ones (I forget the name at the moment)

Another thing, can I use a modded X-Box controller on the 360? It's still a USB controller after all, just with a funny plug you have to change.

No

And the last thing, Can I use a Wireless controller on the PC? I didn't notice if the thing had an eye in the controller port, or if that is built into the system, if it's built in, rather than a plug in, probably not then, right?

No, the 360 wireless controllers do not work on the PC, even with the USB charging cable attached.

No, the 360 wireless controllers do not work on the PC, even with the USB charging cable attached.

Oh yes, they do.

http://www.techgage.com/article/xbox_360_c...ler_for_windows

Those are the wired ones in that article, no?

I've got the wireless 360 controllers, and I've tried hooking them to the PC. They're not recognized by the Microsoft or 3rd party HID drivers.

• 2 weeks later...