IGNORED

Question for NES experts

Closest I've seen to Asteroids is Burai Fighter. It's just similar, though--not exact. You have stuff coming at you from several angles and you have weapons that (slowly) power up.

Actually, wait. Stage 3 and 6 of Burai Fighter remind me a lot of Asteroids. You might give that game a try and see what you think.

Solar Jetman is similar to asteroids. Meaning you have to deal with your thrusts to propel you and counterthrusts to avoid objects. Instead of asteroids you have invaders and the level is fixed. Similar to sub-terrania on genny. You have points that you can go no further than ie. Walls, ceiling, floor.

Actually, to me, Solar Jetman always felt more akin to Gravitar because you had to basically fly down onto the planet, collect fuel and a bunch of other crap so you could complete your mission.

Still a fun game if you manage to run across it though, but it's fairly difficult on some of the later missions (when the gravity and all changes).