IGNORED

How many puns have Wii left on the table?

MegaManFan

The next logical advertising campaign for Nintendo's new console features gamers playing Wii Sports while Queen rocks in the background.

"Wiiiiiiii, are the champions, my friend. And Wiiiiiiiii'll keep on fighting, 'til the end!!!"

When Nintendo releases the updated model for DVD's, they should pack in a movie that emphasizes their brand. Suggestions:

* Wii are Marshall

* Shall Wii Dance?

* The Night Wii Called it a Day

* Honey, Wii Shrunk Ourselves

Or if you prefer a rockumentary over a film...

* Wii Will Rock You: Queen Live in Concert

(Funny how Queen seems to keep coming up.)

Unless of course you'd rather that We watch a documentary on Wii about all the world's problems.

Actually if you want to emphasize Nintendo's feel good "everybody can play vibe" how about a 1980's Live Aid classic?

"Wii are the world, wii are the children, wii are the ones who make a brighter day, so let's start giving..."

If they're going to partner up with a television channel to provide content a la X-Box 360, how about WE? Women's Entertainment.

Okay I'm done. :D

Puns aside, do people like the name any better now?

I'm still not crazy about it, but I never thought it was as terrible as some folks do.

I still like Revolution better but I realize FWIW that wouldn't have been as good at branding as they say in the biz, and the Wii name definitely stands out and is memorable. In fact when I told my dad I was getting a new Nintendo he said, "Oh the Wii right? The one in that commercial with the logo that bends." Yup - if my 65 year old farming father who's never played a video game in his life other than Donkey Kong (and he was damn good at it too) can remember Wii, then I think Wii can safely say it works. :D

You should see some of the really dirty Wii jokes that are floating around in adult only section of Narutofan.com forum.

I'm having a hard time deciding which half of that sentence is more disturbing.

I think it's probably "Narutofan.com forum."