IGNORED

Official GH2 Topic

well....i've been spending most of my free time playing Guitar Hero 2 and I have to say that its a toss up on which one I like better: GH1 or GH2. I love both to death as I am a GH nut. I have 3 guitars for the game. i dont think id ever have bought that many controllers for a game. ill be getting more from this company called TAC....they have this bad-ass controller with extra solo buttons on the fret. being a guitar player for over 10 years....its sad that i play this hella more than i play my guitars. GH2 rules......the tweaks they made on the gameplay make it worthwhile.....especially how they made pull-offs and hammer-ons easier. plus they at least included a few REALLY good songs by bands i listen to on a regular basis: Anthrax, Megadeth, Every Time I Die, Shadows Fall, and All that Remains.

the Buckethead song is fuckin amazing......

the only bad thing i can see with this game is that you cant play quick play or career mode with bass. i hate 2-player ONLY features. i did however like how you could at least play bass in the practice mode at full speed. i hope they fix that in GH3.....love that bass...

i've raved enough about it....what're some of ya'lls fav songs off the game

any of ya'll a guitar hero nut like me

p.s. is beatmania worthy of ordering? i like the idea of a d.j. scratching game......

lata :cool:

I've beaten all the modes, now I'm just going back and trying to increase my rating on the songs. I only need one more song 5 starred to have them all on Medium and about 10 or so to 5 star on Co-op.

I just love this game...I I beat expert and hard levels in about three days. That damn Freya song on expert makes my hand hurt just thinking about it. I havn't bothered with 5 staring stuff just yet. I'm a guitar here addict a this point... its like crack...I mean I shouldn't be thinking about guitar hero 3 yet right? Help me.

Is it just me or are the difficulty levels a bit less balanced than the first game? I went through medium and 5 starred all but 2 songs on the first try. I've since 5 starred everything in medium. But when I kicked up to hard, I've 5 starred 1 of the first 10 songs and 3 starred the rest. When I made the jump from med to hard in the first game, it was very smooth and I was able to transition fairly easily. I know they wanted to make the game harder, but the jump between levels seems very large this time around. Either that or my hand just doesn't like the orange fret, not sure which! :ponder:

I agree, the lower levels are much easier this time and the gameplay is a ton smoother now. It just seems like the game as a whole doesn't transition smoothly between levels. I'd expect the early hard songs to be harder than the last med songs, but not a 5 star to barely completing it for a given player. Maybe I"m just spoiled with how well balanced the first one was.

I agree, the lower levels are much easier this time and the gameplay is a ton smoother now. It just seems like the game as a whole doesn't transition smoothly between levels. I'd expect the early hard songs to be harder than the last med songs, but not a 5 star to barely completing it for a given player. Maybe I"m just spoiled with how well balanced the first one was.

I think maybe they wanted to grab the beginner audience (make it less intimidating) and still give the true GH2 entusiast something to work at. I have played guitar for 14+ years, and put several hundred hours into GH2 and 5 starring expert is going to be ever as challenging as actually learning the song on note for note on real guitar. Most are harder for sure. I think the added difficulty is a good thing as I feel the game goes by to fast as it is. With the hammer ons and pull offs being easier and the aid of practice mode I think it is a fair trade off.

I have played guitar for 14+ years, and put several hundred hours into GH2 and 5 starring expert is going to be ever as challenging as actually learning the song on note for note on real guitar.

I dunno. I've been playing guitar pretty much my whole life and when I started playing GH it was actually harder for me than playing the majority of those songs on a regular guitar :lol:

But of course, at least GH can be mastered with just a couple months of practice :)

man.....i'm starting to hit a stump.....i'm on expert and have gotten to level 5....i've 4 starred jessica and the Stone Temple Pilots song....but i'm losing bad on Rock this Town and Crazy on You..... :(

what sucks is that on quick play i can bust through almost every song afterwards on expert like YYZ and Hangar 18....pees me off

these songs are hella lot easier on my regular old electric guitar.

playing on GH takes mastery :D

I had pretty much written off hard mode since it seemed like such a big jump from normal. I tried the first few songs and pretty much sucked at them (after 5 starring all but 2 songs on normal), then I hit Mother and completely fell apart on the solo. I couldn't get past that song for the longest time, so I never tried. Today I decided to give it a shot and actually passed it. After that, I was amazed at how far I got. I pretty much figured that all the songs were going to have impossible solos in them so I thought I'd get maybe another one or two songs in before hitting another song I couldn't do. I ended up playing all the way through until I hit Sweet Child of Mine (encore in the fourth set) and had to stop. Not because the song was too hard (although that intro is a bitch), but because I was too exhausted to continue (IIRC SCOM is about a 6 minute song). While I'm not exactly rockin on hard (mostly 3 starring things, but I did 5 star Strutter), I'm not doing too bad either (although Who Was In My Room Last Night almost kicked my ass). It seems like that first set is abnormally hard for some reason, and that sucks because it stops you from getting any further right from the start.

One thing I did notice on Hard was that there are some nasty chords that seem to require being able to spread your fingers out over long distances (especially at the end of songs). My big problem is that when there are a bunch of nasty chords in a row I lose track of where my fingers are on the buttons and usually I end up one position down from where I really want to be. I also lose it on those repetitive back and forth notes, especially if it goes from chord to no chord like this:

G_Y

G

G_Y

G

G_Y

But then again I had the same problem with that on Normal, it was just easier to fake it than on Hard. I also ran into some 3 note chords which took me off guard. Thankfully those are few and far between (for now).

Tempest

I got guitar legend on expert in one day.

Here's me playing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kn0OekQKGY

where do you get that speed mod from

It's a code. Just enter Orange, Blue, Orange, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Orange, Yellow on the title screen to activate/deactivate it. Some people say it makes the songs easier because it spaces out the notes more, but I don't really find that true (it throws off my timing).

Tempest

Freya was the first Hard song that I got stuck at.

You do NOT want to see Monkey Wrench on Expert if you can't do the finger spread. There are multiple G-O repeating chords that just KILL your hands. Let it be said, I HATE G-O CHORDS.

And PressureCooker, have you finished Psychobilly Freakout on Expert yet? That one still gives me mucho trouble.

Honestly, I've already lost my addiction, and am moving on to Marvel Ultimate Alliance and my newly acquired Resident Evil Outbreak File #2. The only time I forsee me playing much in the future is with friends.

I use speed mods on all of the rhythm games, from beatmania to ddr to guitar freaks, to guitar hero. I just react better to faster speeds.

And its not a cheat, its a mod. The timing windows are exactly the same, it just goes faster, thus spreading out the notes.

I'm glad to see some people at expert, keep it up guys, you'll get guitar legend!

I use speed mods on all of the rhythm games, from beatmania to ddr to guitar freaks, to guitar hero. I just react better to faster speeds.

And its not a cheat, its a mod. The timing windows are exactly the same, it just goes faster, thus spreading out the notes.

I'm glad to see some people at expert, keep it up guys, you'll get guitar legend!

i was guitar god on GH.... ;)

p.s. ultimate alliance looks awesome....i loved x-men legends 1 and 2. the only thing that seems funny to me about that game is if you have characters like Blade and Elektra fighting Galactus :lolblue: