IGNORED

-=Virtual Console Game List=-

-^CrossBow^-

i was a bit disappointed they raised the price on R-Type considering i have 700 points left over after buyin Castlevania ,and SMB. I figured i would grab R-Type with those points considering i'm not a huge shooter fan ,but seeing as id have to get more points to get it then i'll pass till later.

I'll save my points till either Dungeon Explorer ,or Donkey Kong Country comes out.

I heard on another forum that the R-type is actually 2 games in one for the American version. In Japan, the game was released on two different cards and I hear they have to pay 1200 points for the same material everyone else gets for 800.

I am no TG-16 connoisseur...maybe someone can verify this?

Yes... and no. The truth is that R-Type is just one game, but was split into two separate HuCards for the Japanese release. At the time, the developers just couldn't squeeze it all into a single card. A year later, when the Turbografx-16 was released in the United States, HuCards had increased in capacity, letting NEC pack the whole game onto just one card.

JR

Updated again...but I have to ask...

800 Points for R-Type?!? WTF?

Well...I was stupid and ponied it up anyway. I know that getting that game for my actual TG-16 would cost me more...but still. I was hoping all the games were at set prices...but as R-type shows...Nintendo can charge anything they want for the games.

errrr....

Yeah I noticed that too, but for me I'm saying screw it since R-Type is one of those games I already own that I'd rather play on the Turbo Duo anyway. Anyway what do I have to do to get notifications? vc@darkain.com still doesn't show up. I tested the whole system by listing my personal e-mail address as a contact, and sure enough the Wii sent me a notice saying did I want to accept messages, I clicked the e-mail and now I can send myself messages from my Wii or vice versa. So did vc@darkain never confirm the Wii e-mail he was sent and if not, why not? :(

• 2 weeks later...

No idea then. Obviously the Wii is tied to the MyNintendo accounts. But the VC games must not be tied directly. I really don't know. Linking up my Wii to my Nintendo.com account was the first thing I did once I got it online. Did the same thing to my DS as well.

By "linking up" you just mean logging into my nintendo and entering the serial #, right?

No idea then. Obviously the Wii is tied to the MyNintendo accounts. But the VC games must not be tied directly. I really don't know. Linking up my Wii to my Nintendo.com account was the first thing I did once I got it online. Did the same thing to my DS as well.

By "linking up" you just mean logging into my nintendo and entering the serial #, right?

oops, I see, there's a place in the VC itself to enter your nintendo username and password.

No Genesis games released today...I suspect Sega may have released the games to Nintendo...but it is up to Nintendo as to when to offer the games on the VC.

As for Zelda:LTTP being the best SNES game...that is debatable. I think it is one of the best SNES games...yes. But I still liked Chrono Trigger and FF3 more than Zelda...but then..that is just me.

Point is...Zelda:LTTP was one of the most anticipated game releases and it finally was released.

I'm looking forward to Donkey Kong Country, anyone know when that gets released? Maybe this coming Monday?

I downloaded Zelda today, what a great game! I think I am homebound for a while now with WarioWare Smooth Moves which came in the mail today, Kirby DS came today and Phoenix Wright has been shipped so will be here soon.

I have no life and love it. :D

As for Zelda:LTTP being the best SNES game...that is debatable. I think it is one of the best SNES games...yes. But I still liked Chrono Trigger and FF3 more than Zelda...but then..that is just me.

I wonder if we will ever see Square games on the VC...somehow I doubt it, but man it would be cool :)

well...it is a pretty safe bet that Super Mario RPG will eventually hit the VC. And that is also a SquareEnix game. In addition, we have seen other non 1st party games appear for the SNES, NES, and TG-16 probably Genesis as well.

Point is...if we are seeing 3rd party releases of some VC titles for the other systems, then I don't see why the SNES wouldn't also get more and being that the SNES was known for its great RPGs, I would think it a sure in for Nintendo to get SquareEnix games onto the VC in the future.

Get your Wii Points ready for next week as I hear mario Kart 64 will be made available. I crushed the hell out of that game back when and did basically everything, but it will be all kinds of sweet to have it again seeing as I have no N64 collection and this is definitley the best Mario Kart next to the DS version

I'm still waiting for Capcom to license the Mega Man games for the Wii. C'mon do it already! :P

You mean you don't have MegaMan and MegaMan X collections on the Cube? Im sure you can find them cheap on like ebay. New they both cost 19 bucks, but I do understand buying a game again, I plan on getting Mario World though I own it in five hundred formats.

I am excited to have Mario Kart 64. I just finally got some cash so I think I'm going to buy it and Super Mario World when it gets released.

Mario Kart 64 would be sweet.

That stupid GC verison with its wrongy mapped buttons... bleh.

You know, I would find it useful if instead of just mentioning that there's an update, somebody would post the new titles here, or just have the complete list at the top. I always have to go to the wikipedia page...

You mean you don't have MegaMan and MegaMan X collections on the Cube? Im sure you can find them cheap on like ebay. New they both cost 19 bucks, but I do understand buying a game again, I plan on getting Mario World though I own it in five hundred formats.

I saw them in Game Crazy for about $10 each, so they shouldn't be too hard to find. My only gripe is that you won't be able to play them with the Wiimote. Using the GCN controller seems wrong somehow, while the Wiimote rotates to become a standard NES controller. So I think I'm with MegaManFan on this one. I'm waiting for the Virtual Console versions.

That is correct...when I mention there is an update..it means I updated the main list at the very top of this thread.

I have also started to put in a "New" label on the latest releases. Which I then remove on the next week for the new releases.