IGNORED

Anyone have a Nuon?

Varan

Just wondering. I saw it at CES two, maybe three years ago. It's just a Samsung DVD player with a built in gaming system and controller ports. There wasn't a whole lot of games. Versions of Tempest and Kart Racing are all I remember.

Yes, I have a Nuon. Mine is a Samsung N501 DVD player, although there were several other Samsung and Toshiba players which were also released with the Nuon chipset. There's even an RCA Nuon player on the way, although it's not gonna include the controller ports.

Are you looking for an opnion on the Nuon DVD players?

I have both the Extiva N2000 and the N501. I just recently completed my game collection by finding that elusive copy of The Next Tetris via Joe Santulli from Digital Press. I have EVERYTHING--all the controllers in the different colors, the demo discs, the complete and "not for resale" versions of IS3, etc. If your goal is to own at least one game system with every game released, the NUON is a good bet at this point in time since prices and barrier to entry are relatively low.

Is it worth buying? I'd say yes. I really enjoy the games that were released and there are whispers of more games being released by either Songbird or Oldergames.com. Even better, you can get brand new copies of the common titles through www.dvdinternational.com for only $10 each! The controllers are also on sale, so you could quickly build up your NUON collection and then hunt around for IS3 and TNT as your budget allows.