IGNORED

Nintendo Fanboys, here's your shoutout!

kisrael

Such cool ideas coming up in the WarioWareWii game, especially in the Nintendo Nostalgia level:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/7263

Somehow, after the GC version that was just (still very fun) repacked GBA-able games, seeing a modern system taking scenes from all these more recent games (including Star Fox, which I probably a GBA couldn't have covered) gives me very good feeling.

I think minigames really play to the strength of this system. WiiSports, Monkey Ball, I've *heard* the Rayman game, and now this upcoming...

Edited by kisrael

Also -- it would have been easy for them to construct a generic 3D space shooter, but they really went for the authentic Star Fox look and sound.

Well, based on previous games, it might be just the Nintendo Nostalgia series of games that does.

I'm sure other levels would use some original generic 3D stuff, (also use of photographs etc, like the GBA version did...something you just don't see in other games), and also some new "art" takes on Wario and other Nintendo classics.

That Nintendo level must have been a TON of work... I mean, when the GBA did its retro-stuff, all you need is some sprites and screen scraptures, but when you're trying to recreate a 3D scene, that's a ton more work... I wonder if they use data from the old ROMs or just work really hard at the look and feel, or some combination...