IGNORED

Christmas Sale on Jaguar!

direct4games

Hi Everyone,

Direct 4 Games Christmas Sale is now on!

Visit www.direct4games.com to get all your retro gear at low prices for a limited time period!

Or view our amazon listings at http://s1.amazon.co.uk/exec/varzea/search-...eld-status=open

And our eBay listings http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZvideo-gamesQQhtZ-1

Merry Christmas, Happy Shopping!

Regards

Direct 4 Games

This web page has a cool currency calculator. I use it all the time and find it to be pretty accurate:

. http://www.xe.net/

If you scroll past the conversion table, you'll find the calculator. Plug in the amount, select the currencies, and ta-daaa!

14.99 Euro = $20.07 US

14.99 UK Pounds = $29.29 US

Plus don't forget that shipping from the UK to the US will be a lot more than domestic postage. :(

Edited by ls650

Hi, who has already ordered from Direct4Games in the past?

Is it the their normal way of doing business by screwing up shipping addresses but not getting back to the customer who has reported this problem just right after getting the order confirmation?

All I am getting back is automated answers which do not refer at all to my messages I am sending them.

Does anyone here have a telephone number for me so I can call them?

Thanks.

D4E Returns Department (06)

PO Box 6520

Leighton Buzzard

Bedfordshire

LU7 9WT

England

United Kingdom

Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods

If you receive a faulty, damaged or incorrect item, please contact our Customer Services Department via email, and request authorisation. The RA (Return Authorisation) must be obtained from our Customer Service Department before the goods can be returned. Contact details are noted below:

email: customers@direct4games.com

If the item is found to be faulty, damaged or incorrect we will send a replacement item, or if the item is no longer available an exchange of same value or refund your card. If however the item is found to be in working order and new condition a 30% admin/re-stocking fee will be charged.

Our returns policy is only valid for 28 days after receipt of goods.

This policy is subject to change in response to changes in legislation. However any ongoing issue will be resolved in line with the prevailing Returns Policy in affect at the time the order was accepted.

I'm sure you found all that already.

D4E Returns Department (06)

PO Box 6520

Leighton Buzzard

Bedfordshire

LU7 9WT

England

United Kingdom

Faulty, Damaged or Incorrect Goods

If you receive a faulty, damaged or incorrect item, please contact our Customer Services Department via email, and request authorisation. The RA (Return Authorisation) must be obtained from our Customer Service Department before the goods can be returned. Contact details are noted below:

email: customers@direct4games.com

If the item is found to be faulty, damaged or incorrect we will send a replacement item, or if the item is no longer available an exchange of same value or refund your card. If however the item is found to be in working order and new condition a 30% admin/re-stocking fee will be charged.

Our returns policy is only valid for 28 days after receipt of goods.

This policy is subject to change in response to changes in legislation. However any ongoing issue will be resolved in line with the prevailing Returns Policy in affect at the time the order was accepted.

I'm sure you found all that already.

Yeah, I found that.

BUT: it´s a PO box only - this makes it impossible to find a telephone number.

AND: Direct4Games seems to avoid to publish telephone and fax numbers. I searched all of their webpages, there are no numbers.

Btw. did you get an invoice with you shipment? Please check it if there is a phone number mentioned.

Thanks.

Edited by jaguar_fan

I already threw all that out.

Sorry, I just never expect any warranty issues on 13 yo software once it works initially.

I hate clutter, so I throw out all that right away.

If I get a # with the next shipment, I will post it.

They post here, obviously, so I'm sure you could get a PM from them sooner than I will get another invoice.

There is always a credit card dispute as last resort.

good luck

I just spent the last half hour trying to order direct from thier site, didn't work, wouldn't let me enter my country no matter what I did.

I suspect it might work in IE but I will never know as I do not use IE for anything. If this is the case they just lost a sale because of it...

Interestingly enough, I think that this is the first (ok, second, see below...) website I've tried that just did not work in Firefox, I do a good bit of ecommerce... or the website is just broken, I really do not know which.

Oh and God help any Torontonian trying to use the 407ETR website (a toll highway in Toronto Canada), it is truly horrible, the worst I've ever seen and that's in IE because it doesn't work in Firefox)

so, no Jag WTR for me...

PS: really, how is it? I'm very curious! curious enough to try and buy it and be denied anyways...

Thanks,

Markimus of no WTR...

There seems to be a wide range of opinion...

http://www.atarihq.com/reviews/jaguar/world_tour_racing.html '4 /10'

http://www.ataritimes.com/article.php?showarticle=74 '7 /10'

http://www.videogamecritic.net/jaguarsz.ht...our_Racing_(CD) 'C+'

While it doesn't stack up particularly well against Virtua Racing, World Tour is a fairly decent Jaguar racer. It's certainly a huge improvement over the pathetic Checkered Flag. Still, the graphics are very pixelated, and even the bitmapped backgrounds look blurry. Although spread over a dozen countries, the long, flat tracks all tend to look the same. I did like the fact that most had long straight-aways where you could build up some speed. The polygon cars look fine, and the frame rate keeps up with the action fairly well, even in the split screen mode. Three different views are available, but only the medium one is any good. The first person view doesn't provide a good vantage point, and the high view is too distant. A rotating map helps you prepare for upcoming turns, and responsive controls let you execute power slides with ease. While it's fun to weave your way to the front of the pack, the collision detection between the cars is pretty erratic, so you'd be wise to keep your distance. Playing modes include single race, arcade, and a championship mode that provides a password save. World Tour Racing is a decent game, but only when taken in small doses.

I'd love to get IS2 as well. It's hard to justify paying $175 (rough average price) for a JagCD _and_ more money to pick up the handful of good games for the CD...

The thing is that even when IS2 was available on cart from Telegames it was pricey - about $100 US each!

post-10342-1167010878_thumb.jpg

I just got my stuff!

The book is quite cool and 246 pages!

I recomend getting one if you don't have it.

Those are my hand prints all over it from reading through it tonite.

It is so sweet to have 2 ProControllers now!

I'm off to play WTR!

I could find no phone number on the invoice.

Edited by Broonale

• 2 weeks later...

Well, direct4games f**ked me good and hard on this order.

:x

I ordered World Tour Racing, plus about half a dozen other games for the Colecovision, and all they sent was 2 CV games and the shipping charge was still an outrageous £23.93 (their new base shipping rate to the US starts at £20 and goes up with each game added). Why wasn't I sent WTR or the other CV games I ordered that they are still showing in stock (4 of them are still listed as available and at the same price)?!?

:?

They increased WTR back to £29.99 from £14.99.

I emailed their customer service and had a reply in about 18 hours, so that was less than a day even with the time difference, and all it said was "Hello there and many thanks for your email. We appreciate your communication and will do our best to answer your query. Please check your credit card for a refund and let us know."

post-5874-1167926263.gif

I am very disappointed in this whole situation, especially since I had a really nice first transaction with them, and I am much less inclined to ever order from direct4games again.

Bummer, That sucks man, sorry to hear that. 23.93 GBP for shipping is a bit much. Order from telegames.co.uk next time.

Well, I'd love to, but telegames really doesn't exist anymore. In fact, if you go to their website, you get this link while browsing their titles:

Software

Please see Direct4Games for ordering.

:ponder:

I believe D4G bought all of the remaining telegames stock.