IGNORED

Christmas Sale on Jaguar!

direct4games

• 1 month later...

Just an update for everyone concerning Direct4Games.com:

On 05 December 2006, I placed an order with Direct4Games.com and my credit card was billed 91.81 pounds sterling. The shipment that went out from Direct4Games only included 2 games and I was charged 31.86 pounds sterling.

I contacted Direct4Games about this, and on 04 Jan 2007 I was told that I should expect a refund charged to my credit card for the difference of 59.95 pounds sterling (or 117 US dollars).

It is now 21 February 2007 and I still have NOT received a refund.

Their site has been "offline for maintenance" for many weeks now, although 2 games I ordered from them via eBay several weeks ago did arrive (they are now currently selling nothing even through eBay), one of which was 5 pounds sterling more than its cost listed in the original order I placed on 05 Dec, and the other which was originally supposed to be in the order I placed on 05 Dec but was never sent (they also neglected to include the free Retro Gaming DVD that was supposed to come with the order).

Caveat emptor indeed.

Just an update for everyone concerning Direct4Games.com:

On 05 December 2006, I placed an order with Direct4Games.com and my credit card was billed 91.81 pounds sterling. The shipment that went out from Direct4Games only included 2 games and I was charged 31.86 pounds sterling.

I contacted Direct4Games about this, and on 04 Jan 2007 I was told that I should expect a refund charged to my credit card for the difference of 59.95 pounds sterling (or 117 US dollars).

It is now 21 February 2007 and I still have NOT received a refund.

Their site has been "offline for maintenance" for many weeks now, although 2 games I ordered from them via eBay several weeks ago did arrive (they are now currently selling nothing even through eBay), one of which was 5 pounds sterling more than its cost listed in the original order I placed on 05 Dec, and the other which was originally supposed to be in the order I placed on 05 Dec but was never sent (they also neglected to include the free Retro Gaming DVD that was supposed to come with the order).

Caveat emptor indeed.

Thats extremely poor service :( Not very professional, hopefully it's all some kind of missunderstanding and you'll get your refund soon.

Have you contacted your credit card company about doing some sort of reversal of the charges?

I did inform D4G that I would be contacting my CC company regarding the fraudulent charges, but that I'm giving them one final chance to correct this issue first - their site being offline for maintenance for so long could be the result of a serious problem and this is the last shred of my benefit of the doubt for them before things get ugly.

At least they did respond in less than 24 hours:

Hello there and many thanks for your email.

However, please pursue your card issuer as we processed the refunds as promised.

Come Jan 2007, we could not get into our online banking and, as a result of those refunding issues, we have now changed the process for checkout / credits; we now have a new online card merchant.

THIS will explain to you why the site has been down since Jan 6th 2007.

We hope this explains the problem but do chase the refund from your card company.

We will send you any info you need to make your claim for a refund.

Best wishes,

D4g.

My confidence level still has not improved.

• 2 months later...

Well, the issue sort of got resolved - on 31 March 2007 (3 months after the original purchase), my credit card company issued an interim credit for the disputed charges with D4G (including some additional minor adjustments), and thus far it seems to have been finally processed.

Important points to consider:

1) D4G provided lousy customer service, basically saying "the problem is on your end now" and leaving it to me to submit an entire file of paperwork to get the credit they supposedly issued (but was never seen by my CC company).

2) D4G charges lousy int'l shipping rates from their website (they are a bit more reasonable on eBay, but in return they raise the prices of their games to offset the low shipping charge).

3) Out of the original order, D4G only shipped 2 games, which was very confusing considering they were still showing the other titles in stock and for sale on eBay at the same time. They claim that their website doesn't accurately reflect their inventory, which is a lousy business practice. See the major discussion over in the Lynx forum about this issue. Would you trust a company that doesn't know their own inventory or care to keep their listings up to date?

4) Mine is not the only negative experience. The thing that perplexes me is that my first order went very smoothly with them, so that only made this situation worse.

5) D4G showed up here and asked about prices on goods, basically soliciting the advice and expertise of this board for free and then set their price points to take advantage of what they had learned. I do not consider them gamer-friendly (especially after reading how the owner has really attacked Neo-Geo fans).

Bottom line: if you see a deal that's too good to be true on D4G, you just may be right.

I'm glad you were able to get your Credit Card reinbursed with the funds.

I made the mistake of going to ebay.co.uk and bidding on some reletively "cheap" sealed Jaguar games with little competition and I thought they would give me a discount on shipping because it said so on the items' pages, so I bid on seven games thinking I would have to pay a flat $25.00 usd shipping charge since I won seven games from them, come to find out they charged me $10.00 shipping USD for EACH GAME (4.99 GBP) I got a 1.00 GBP discount on a few but my total shipping charges came to 32.99 GBP that's $66.00 USD!!!!!!! A rip man! I got burned on shipping from D-FU-4 Games :( So I will not be ordering any more games from them in the future, I'll get my shit elsewere.

• 2 weeks later...

Direct4games do not really seem to care about customer orientation.

I also placed an order back then in December 2006 in their online shop. All seemed to work fine since I got an automated order confirmation where they had screwed up my address completely, although I entered all informations necessary (and printed my entries as a reference).

It took me a huge effort and dozens of emails to make sure the address got corrected. Very difficult to get hold of anybody over there. Their email replies mostly did not refer to anything I had written to them. It really sucked.

And although they immediately charged my credit card and pretended that the package had already been dispatched it took them three weeks to find out that the package was held up for whatever reason. And despite the fact I tried to correct the address on it, they were unable to do this in a timely manner.

Sorry, never again I´ll buy at Direct4games. I don´t need such kind of hazzle!

i wonder if they bounce from web site to web site until they are basically ran out with flames and pitch forks. I'm also a regular on Neo-geo.com and they've lost all credability with that forum with as many times as people have been burned. it's just amazing that this company just doesn't get it.