IGNORED

Radica Gamester XBox Joystick

Paranoid

So I picked up a Radica Gamester Xbox joystick online for around $13, and it arrived today.

The stick and button mechanisms are identical to the Radica Space Invaders controller. In a nutshell, if you're using one of the RSI sticks on your 2600, 7800, or 5200, this will take your XBox emulation to a whole new level of "feeling like the real thing".

The form factor is different than the RSI, and honestly, the input doesn't feel as *crisp* on the Xbox as it does with the RSI stick on the real thing, but *man*... it is close. This is a GREAT alternative to the other stick options available for the XBox (primarily the X-arcade dual stick and solo controllers, that are arcade quality HAPP components in a laminated wood control panel box and run around $80-$120 plus the XBox adaptor).

It also works very well with MAME. I highly recommend this puppy.

As I mentioned this device seems to use the same mechanicals as the RSI stick, including the ball stick, which attaches using the same hex-nut assembly...

So, it stands to reason, this stick could easily be converted to the RSI PMP 5200 or the 7800 RSI mod, as well. It isn't $5 at Gamestop, but it is only $13 if you shop around. Not a bad solution.

Is this the one you're referring to?

radica.jpg

(here is a link to Amazon's product page)

If it's the same one, I can definitely see the relationship to the RSI stick; aside for the colors, the joystick and buttons look very similar. I'm glad you made me aware of it, because I've got an original XBox that I'm thinking of modifying into a dedicated emulation machine, and two or three of these controllers would be perfect for it.

Yup, this is exactly the one. And that stick in this image, it can be swapped out with a stick that is INDENTICAL to the RSI stick, down to the indents in the top of the ball-top. It actually will swap directly out with the RSI orange ball stick. Only difference is it is XBox green.

The buttons are the same as well, other than being XBox color coded instead of orange.

Jaybird, I think your plan is an excellent idea. :) You won't regret it.

Getting this stick made me one step closer to making the decision to take the PC out of my Mame cabinet and replace it with the Xbox. I probably will do this after we move to Ohio, actually, if that comes to pass.