IGNORED

Just got tix for CGE! Who else is going?

Adriana

Woo-hoo! I'm *finally* going to the Classic Gaming Expo, after years of blowing it off in favor of getting ready for Burning Man instead. Well, this year, I'm pulling it off and doing both. I registered today, and my girlfriend found plane tickets for $86 roundtrip from San Francisco! Hells, yeah!

There are simply too many new Atari 2600 cartridges being released exclusively at CGE for me to miss out AGAIN. Besides, who doesn't like a weekend in Vegas? So what I want to know is, who all is going? Who here am I going to finally meet? And where are all the best parties? :D

Alex and I will be at CGE and we'll have a large (double!) booth. We will be selling lots of cool items from our booth, from homebrew titles (which we'll announce in the future), to AtariAge t-shirts, to cool hardware, and more. We'll also have some unique items on display at our booth. We'll be posting more details in the coming weeks..

We look forward to seeing lots of people from AtariAge there!

..Al

CGE? Oh you must mean the Center for Gender Equity. Nah I'm not going to that again this year... ;)

I'm actually getting into Vegas on Wednesday to see the sights. Last year I didn't get a chance to do anything but go to the convention and party (not that that's a bad thing).

Oh and if your invited to the best parties you'll know...

Tempest

You know I am in!

The new DPG is out this time and I am in it. I did the section on the Odyssey 1 stuff. Of course, it is quite possibly the shortest console section ever made, sans the Adventurevision (dig on Jeff F!). Anyway, its also the first two days of my honeymoon.

Now thats a great woman@!

Cassidy

:)

First two nights of your honeymoon, Cass? How did you talk her into *that*? (Although me and the mizzus spent our first 48 hours as husband and wife messing with The Mouse in Orlando.) Seriously, introduce yourself while there and I'll buy you and your new bride a drink.

To answer the question, I have my plane tickets and hotel reservations at The Plaza. (Embarrassingly, I haven't registered for CGE yet!) Really looking forward to this year's events, seminars, CGE exclusives, getting my hands on Colecovision carts (my new obsession), and assisting with some "surprises" that only I'm privvy to. And, no, I'm not saying anything until much, much later. ;)

Hopefully, I may even have a working demo of The Ravenous Dead with me. I will *definately* have the label/box art on display and it'll be sweeter 'n' Hell.

Rooms at the Plaza (where CGE is being held) are $60/night, but I also found rooms downtown as low as $35. I'm still searching around... I can't decide whether to spend the money and just hang at the Plaza, or get a cheaper room and walk a few blocks. Anyone who's been there before have any feedback on this?

Rooms at the Plaza (where CGE is being held) are $60/night, but I also found rooms downtown as low as $35. I'm still searching around... I can't decide whether to spend the money and just hang at the Plaza, or get a cheaper room and walk a few blocks. Anyone who's been there before have any feedback on this?

Last year a friend and I shared a room at the LUXOR. Awesome hotel, but quite a ways from the Plaza. I had some fun on the strip (it was my second time to Vegas, my first was at CES earlier in the year), but I didn't get to hang out with people "after-hours" as much. This year I'll be staying in the Plaza. Staying in the same hotel as the show is great, because you can drag stuff back and forth to your room, plus quite a few other people are staying in the hotel so you can more easily party, chat, play games, drink, etc. and not have to worry about driving back to your hotel.

..Al

I live in Vegas so I have no excuse. I'll be there. As far as hotels down town, can't give too much advice on them. I can tell you that the Golden Nugget is decent (I used to work there during college) and is very close to the Plaza.

There's a new movie theater / outdoor mall complex connected to the Freemont Street Experience called Neonopolis. Only the theater is open, but it looks like they're going to have a 2 story video game / bowling / bar type of place opening this fall.

Another great event in LV is pinball related. There's this pinball club type of thing and they have a huge building behind one of the members houses that literally holds 100+ pinballs and video games. They have more pinballs then videos. Anyways, you donate to charity at the door and its a freeplay night. Was a ton of fun last year. You can get info from the club at CGE.

Gameworks on the strip has been getting weaker and weaker. Haven't seen any new (or old) games in there in about a year. They've downsized the number of machines there.

If you're interested in Vegas info just post your questions here...

Also, anyone interested in trading at the show? I have a 3DO system, Saturn system, tons of C64/128 stuff, etc... looking for uncommon Atari, NES, and Star Wars items.

Tempest should show him the more complete A-Team proto ;p

I'll have it along. It's really neat actually, it looks much more like the A-Team than the earlier Saboteur hack (although it still really is a Saboteur hack).

Tempest

I've got a table with Rick and I'm sure hoping to be there. I'll should know for sure in the next week. If for some reason I can't make it, Marble Craze should still be there. It's now playable and I'm writing the score display code right now!

I'll also be bringing a Synthcart or two with my amp and my hand wired menu-multicart. Guess I won't be bringing many extra clothes! :D

-Paul