IGNORED

Look out! The Wiimote could be a deadly weapon!

jbanes

I'm getting tired of people declaring every single picture and video that shows up on the net as "fake"), it certainly is plausible given how animated people get when playing some of these games. :)

Oh, there's little doubt people are actually breaking all kinds of things with flying wiimotes. The day I introduced the Wii to my family, one remote was thrown narrowly missing their television. The offender wasn't wearing the strap though :lol:

I'm still impressed with people breaking the straps, though they are small it seems it would take quite a bit of force to snap one. If I had a spare strap, I'd force gauge it just to see how much. :D

He did that playing the bowling game??? No offense but either he's a idiot or was doing it on purpose. I find it hard to believe you have to swing the remote that hard underhanded.

The average pro bowler rolls the ball down the lane between 16 and 18mph with control. I would say that person was way over that and out of control.

He did that playing the bowling game??? No offense but either he's a idiot or was doing it on purpose. I find it hard to believe you have to swing the remote that hard underhanded.

The average pro bowler rolls the ball down the lane between 16 and 18mph with control. I would say that person was way over that and out of control.

I dunno. Maybe I am an idiot... I snapped my remote's strap bowling, and I don't swing it any differently than if I were bowling for real. I just lost my grip on it and the strap broke...sending my Wiimote across the room, bouncing off of the ceiling and wall. It wasn't the first time someone had lost their grip on this paticular Wiimote. It had happened maybe 2 or three other times with various people. I guess over time the cord weakened (its alot like fishing line covered with thread).

That didn't take long. :D

Nope, didn't take long at all. :)

This is really something Nintendo needs to nip in the bud. As a CNN Anchorman said, very few people would play 4 hour rounds of real tennis, but players are likely to play 4 hour rounds of Wii Sports. Swinging something heavy and indestructable around for that long is a recipe for disaster.

Swinging something heavy and indestructable around for that long is a recipe for disaster.

If the straps are being used in their intended role as a only a failsafe device, I don't think there'd be much of a problem at all. I think people are just constantly consciously letting go (or somehow unable to train themselves not to) of the wiimote and assuming that's what the strap is there for.