IGNORED

Cart that is not listed in AtariAge

game-buyer-1

This is interesting. If you're holding the game in hand and enter its title exactly as printed, the search feature of the AA database will fail to find it because the cartridge in question is listed as 32-in-1, which includes hyphens that do not appear on the label. And it's the same story for 3-D Tic-tac-toe.

I hate to pick nits, but if a user enters the title of a game exactly as read from the label in front of him, he should score a match, especially if the game in question is in the database.

Maybe there's a way to smarten up the search feature to allow it to find its way through obvious misspellings?

Ben

I hate to pick nits, but if a user enters the title of a game exactly as read from the label in front of him, he should score a match, especially if the game in question is in the database.

You're right, our bad. I've just fixed it so the name is "32 in 1", thanks for pointing out the error.

Maybe there's a way to smarten up the search feature to allow it to find its way through obvious misspellings?

I agree, as this has come up in the past also. I don't know that "obvious misspellings" can easily be fixed, but certainly it would be nice to allow for sloppy spacing and punctuation. There are several games with hyphens in their names, some with periods, some with asterisks, and so forth. Would definitely be best if those items were ignored during a search.

..Al