IGNORED

Atari 5200 Blaster manual

Allan

Hello Folks,

Raven1280 and myself have created a mock-up 'what-if' manual for the Atari 5200 game Blaster using Atariboy2600's original Blaster graphics he re-created. Albert has graciously put it up on Atariage for all to download, print out and display with their Blaster cartridges.

http://www.atariage.com/5200/misc/Finale_5...ster_Manual.zip

Enjoy,

Allan

Edited by Allan

Sure pmail me. Keep in mind if you get the pixels past board you need the one w/o the socket if you plan on using it in a 5200 case.

Nice! So what would it take to modify a space invader cart (which is currently dead) and modify it to accept a eprom?

I don't need many games for the 5200... happy with Star Raiders, Space Dungeon, and Blaster would be nice OTHER addition.

The 5200 is good for flight games I'm finding.

Sure pmail me. Keep in mind if you get the pixels past board you need the one w/o the socket if you plan on using it in a 5200 case.

Nice! So what would it take to modify a space invader cart (which is currently dead) and modify it to accept a eprom?

I don't need many games for the 5200... happy with Star Raiders, Space Dungeon, and Blaster would be nice OTHER addition.

The 5200 is good for flight games I'm finding.

The board in Space Invaders uses a 24 pin prom. Not enough room for a 28 pin eprom. BTW try cleaning the teeth with alcohol, typically does the trick.

-Jeff

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this in a 1980's K-Power issue. If you look at the picture you'll see an Atari 800 behind Eugene. I'm willing to bet this is the actual 800 that the 8-bit/5200 Blaster was developed on.

Allan

post-187-1171464645_thumb.jpg

Edited by Allan

• 3 years later...

Can someone burn me a ROM chip of this game. I'll pay for the ROM and the service of buring it. I dont have the money to buy a full repo cart. So if someone can help me out with the burning that would be great.

Raven

It's quite simple to burn a ROM of Blaster w/o any soldering skills at all. Here's how I did it. Bought the board from Pixels Past with the socket for 27256 EPROM (32K). Ignore the jumper as you only need that if you use the 27512 chip and want to use it for two games in one (2 32K ROMs in one EPROM).

post-12094-127230584231_thumb.jpg