IGNORED

What's the latest Atari related thing(s) you've bought on ebay?

Ross PK

why destroy hardware when project boxes of all shapes and colors can be had for so little money?

aquired lately

XC12 in box

XEP80 in box, like new

a SLMC804 which will be the new housing for my MultiJoy8

3 Competition Pro joysticks for my collection (black bottom/black stick, smoke colored PC version, blue/chrome version)

why destroy hardware when project boxes of all shapes and colors can be had for so little money?

Because we have to keep up with people who make atari XL laptops and 1450XLD replica machines..

And because stuff like tape-recorders and slow assed printers are useless nowadayze, and often the belts, print-heads, pens, etc. are shot and not worth replacing, so the "XL-style" plastic is put to good use by hacking it up and making something kewl that matches your machine, rather than looking like something you built from a kit in a highschool electronics class..

Because we have to keep up with people who make atari XL laptops and 1450XLD replica machines..

And because stuff like tape-recorders and slow assed printers are useless nowadayze, and often the belts, print-heads, pens, etc. are shot and not worth replacing, so the "XL-style" plastic is put to good use by hacking it up and making something kewl that matches your machine, rather than looking like something you built from a kit in a highschool electronics class..

thats right! my stuff is all XE style. Next to my 130XE sits an XSIO2USB (an XC12 shell with a SIO2USB built in, even the keys are working), In front sits an XMc08+ (whoa, whats that you might think? Its an ATARI ST SM124 monitor, slightly hack(saw)ed. Now it houses an 8" TFT an fits perfectly into my collection). Because I like playing multijoy games, my multijoy needs a new housing too. And the ST printer interface fits perfectly.

I will post an article sooner or later, but heres pictures of the stuff without text for the curious...

http://www.akk.org/~flo/xe.html

Purchased from a local computer recycling center:

130XE Boxed mint condition, in the plastic. No yellowing whatsoever, w/ vinyl cover

600XL Boxed

800XL

1027 printer boxed w/ vinyl cover

410 tape drive

520ST

520STfm

1224 Color monitor

314 floppy

Box of 8 bit software, joysticks, paddles, trackballs

Price: $65.00

Still more to come as we go through tons of old computer hardware stored in the warehouse.

thats right! my stuff is all XE style. Next to my 130XE sits an XSIO2USB (an XC12 shell with a SIO2USB built in, even the keys are working), In front sits an XMc08+ (whoa, whats that you might think? Its an ATARI ST SM124 monitor, slightly hack(saw)ed. Now it houses an 8" TFT an fits perfectly into my collection). Because I like playing multijoy games, my multijoy needs a new housing too. And the ST printer interface fits perfectly.

I will post an article sooner or later, but heres pictures of the stuff without text for the curious...

http://www.akk.org/~flo/xe.html

That's a DAMN NICE JOB on both items.. Doesnt even look bad on the insides..

That's the best use of ST hardware Ive EVER seen (in the case of the monitor).

This is the kind of thing that makes me PROUD to be a part of the Atari on-line community....

More people should make REAL hardware out of ATARI ST stuff..

Edited by MEtalGuy66

Nice, for sure.

My latest - not quite Atari, more a step on the dark side...

A Commodore Plus/4 + joystick & cassette deck and a couple of carts (adventure games).

Been doing some research - this machine has some nice control over the video... you can trick it into creating a proper interlaced display, among other things.

I neglected to add - the cursor keys absolutely suck wang.

Wasn't the plus 4 and the comm. 16 basically the same system...i.e the comm. plus 4 was basically a games machine with a keyboard...If memory recalls, either the +4 or the c16 had a built in debugger/MLM

Edited by carmel_andrews

Wasn't the plus 4 and the comm. 16 basically the same system...i.e the comm. plus 4 was basically a games machine with a keyboard...If memory recalls, either the +4 or the c16 had a built in debugger/MLM

They were pretty much the same, except that the Plus/4 had 64K of RAM and built-in productivity software that the C16 didn't have.

Actually it arrived this morning and it is not happy christmas for me :x

This mint in box as new etc etc Atari 65XE looks like it has been stored in a dust factory for 20 years and does not even power up. Another egay pile of crap.

Remind me to only buy from AA members in future :mad: :mad: :mad:

Man that sucks :( I almost bid on that one myself :( Will you open a dispute with the seller? The 800XL I have here (still) waiting for DRAMs was from eBay but at least I knew it was toast when I bought it.

Dispute opened 5 minutes after it was delivered, I am not putting up with this crap anymore, and he will be getting a neg when the dispute is closed.

Did you pay alot for it?

If not, I'd just fix the damn thing and move on.. If you paid a "primo price" for it, Id contact the seller first, and give him the opportunity to "make things right" before you open a dispute..

Ebay is pretty biased towards the buyer these days, and youll probably come out ahead if you avoid pissing the guy off.. It is DEFINITELY in his best interests to avoid negative feedback at all costs..

I guess I'm just lucky. Ive bought a TON of stuff off ebay and never once been "shafted" by anyone.. (except the US postal service, which I try not to use anymore)

I picked up a working CIB 4 port 5200 for $20 today. Included pacman, super breakout, and mario bros. Works right out of the box. This is the best I have gotten off of Austin Craigslist.

I am now ready to hack it. I will probably do a power port and composite mod on it. Maybe should get Adventure 2(This is when $20 becomes a bad deal :D . )

They were pretty much the same, except that the Plus/4 had 64K of RAM and built-in productivity software that the C16 didn't have.

And you forgot to mention that this "productivity software" was pure crap esp. in comparison to the Sinclair QL which came with very good productivity software by Psion and was aimed at a similar customer profile (SOHO) and - considering the fact that thePlus/4 came without a 1551 floppy - at a comparable price.

Plus, they left out the SID(!) and VIC-II(!!), the built-in TED chip had worse sound and no sprites.

The funniest computer of this line is the C116, which is a C16 in a downsized Plus/4 case (size similar to the original Sinclair Spectrum) with rubber keys.

Thorsten